Infant Constipation

My son is six months old and has a terrible time with constipation. All I'm getting from the pediatrician is to give him fruit with his cereal or juice and that's still not cutting it since the cereal has made the constipation even worse. Any suggestions? I had this problem with my three year old when she was a baby but not to this extent.

Graciesmommy79

Asked by Graciesmommy79 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is her poop hard?
    Anonymous

• Yes, his poop is very hard. It takes him a long time to pass it as well. He takes a lot of formula throughout the day so I don't think he's lacking on fluids.
    Graciesmommy79

Answer by Graciesmommy79 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Have you tried prunes? that always works great for my son. And pears. You can get both in baby food.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Prune juice works great. Mix it with a little water. Ive used this for my 5 month old (who has not started solids, but loved the diluted juice) when she didnt poop for 6 days. Works great, just beware of the motherload that will happen afterwards!!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:01 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• More fluids, maybe. Sorry :(
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:07 AM on Jun. 4, 2009