Help! My boys won't eat veggies!

They love tons of fruit but hardly any veggies. What is something I could put on the veggies to make them acceptable (ranch, katchup, etc) or if I had to pick only one or two to force on them, what should I pick?

mommie_2boys

Asked by mommie_2boys at 11:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The dark green vegetables are the best IMO. I'm lucky and my kids like vegetables but to get them used to them we would chop up brocolli small and put it in mac and cheese or put spinach on a pizza. There are all sorts of ways to sneak veggies in.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I put a little parmigiana cheese on broccoli and cauliflower, my daughter loves it. I would also try different veggies. One thing my family loves is grilled or roasted asparagus, we marinate it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil with some salt and pepper and then grill it until it's just tender.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Make it fun for them. June is "Eat your Fruits & Veggies" month. There are tons of online resources --- especially for preschoolers --- geared toward making veggies fun. Make veggie crafts, learn how each veggie is healthy for you, help them grow a small garden, let them harvest their own veggies & help you prepare dinner with them. Teach them about herbs & seasonings that you can just eat right out of the ground -- just break off a leaf & eat it (little boys like "gross" stuff like that)

If all else fails.....diced up veggies in a cheesy pasta are nearly unnoticable.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• That cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld "Deceptively Delicious" has great ways of hiding them if you cannot get them to just eat them! Very good recipes... :)
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 2:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2009