has anyone been to freecycle .com?

i was looking at some of the ads and cant believe what some people post for wanted items from specialty dog breeds to vid games and even newer games systems. i just wouldnt feel right asking for those kind of items to be given to me anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh all the time. I have a riding mower, who needs it? I will ship it right away! NOT! That does seem a bit silly.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I know what you mean. I use freecycle and cant' believe what people are posting for wants. One person asked for a riding lawnmower. I would never think to ask for that and I have an acre of land and a push mower. But I do like getting things that I could use and finding new places for my things to go instead of the dump.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• op here

yeah i go there to look for clothes for my kids and other simple items and post stuff that i dont need.
    Anonymous

• the only thing i have asked for is some clothes for myself but that's because i'm in the process of losing weight and i am not done yet but when your old clothes are 2 sizes to big you can't just pull that belt tighter anymore.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• do you think ppl actually would give away big ticket items? esp now with everything being so pricey
    Anonymous

• I've seen where somebody actually got a freezer but that was because theirs had went out and they said they had about a month and a half of meat in it. I think if somebody thinks you really really need it quick and it's something important like that then somebody might help you out. But in general NO.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yeah, I really wonder at some of the items people post as "WANTED"... I really think most of those just get ignored. I recently gave a pair of xtra small soccer shinguards to a woman who had posted that she needed some - so small things and regular every day things (like "Toddler sandals" or something) makes sense. Although furniture has worked (we've both offered and received furniture items) because people moving can get desperate to unload their sofa... but very few people get desperate to find a home for their Wii or big screen TV. Not if they work... LOL
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i can see something like that. lol i waitin to see an post for car wanted or something else crazy like that
    Anonymous

• Oh we had the car come through about a month ago that somebody wanted. All I could think of was WHAT! We also had a person giving away a mobile home. They said they were just done building a house on the property the mobile home was on and wanted it gone. Now there are some genorous people. You can even find a place to live on freecycle.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• lol thats too funny.
    Anonymous