When at home where does you newborn sleep during the day?

Im trying to figure out what will be best to buy. Do you have a pack n play in the living room? Does your baby just sleep in the crib? or did you buy a co-sleeper? Obviously a crib is necessary but do you really need a packnplay in the beginning or is that more of a six-month old then time to purchase? What is most convenient?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• our house is two stories so i don't like to him upstairs by himself yet, too young. (13 days old) so we have a pack and play w/the bassinet part in the corner of the living room that he sleeps in. when my daughter was a newborn we just carried the bassinet up and down the steps every morning/night, not something i would recommend, which is why this time we got the pack n play set up.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I had both crib and pack-n-play, used both. Will again, any day now!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• For the first five months, my son did most of his sleeping in an Amby baby hammock: http://www.ambybaby.com/
    Highly recommend it.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 11:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• For these first five months, she's slept in my arms. I'm now teaching her to sleep in her crib during naps. If we had a pack n play she would sleep in it, but we don't have one =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My daughter slept in a portable crib (but we used that as a real crib) up until she was too big for it. We slept together in my bed at night, and when she was big enough I got put up her real crib. I think she was 3 months. She still sleeps with me every night though. I don't use a pack n play- i let her crawl around everywhere she wants... as long as its safe. :)
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• On me!! In a sling and then at night in her bassinett next to me
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Our room is on the 1st floor and the nursery is on the second, so we definitely needed a place for our daughter to sleep down here for the first few weeks. Plus I ended up with a c-section so steps are a no-go. We have a pack n play in the bedroom where she sleeps at night and for some naps - she also LOVES to nap in her swing.
    I think a co-sleeper would also be great for the bedroom but obviously that won't work if you want to let her nap in the living room... good luck! :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Either on me or daddy or in our bed...Im in the room of course=)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• While my baby was little he sometimes napped in his bouncy seat or swing.
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 2:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Emi slept on my chest, or at my feet in a laundry basket. XD
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009