Hi, has anyone gotten pregnant even though you have a mirena iud?

Hi ladies, I kind of have an emergency question. Have YOU (not someone you know, or someone you have heard about) have YOU gotten pregnant even though you had a mirena iud? If so, what happened? Was the baby ok? Did you have an eptopic? Did you have to abort? Reason I'm asking is because I've had my mirena since October, had light periods for 5 months, then my periods stopped (I know that is completely normal HOWEVER, about 3-4 days ago I started having really really bad lower back pain and my breasts are really sore (those were my first 2 signs of both my pregnancies). So, today I had a "hmmmm" moment. After just thinking about it I started getting really nervous now. So, just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation happen to them. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Health

• It's very normal to feel pregnant while on MIrena. It is actually probably the biggest complaint about it. Mirena tricks your body into thinking it is pregnant. Google it and you will see.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes, i have. And he is now 2 (and super Handsome:))!! Mine was the 5 year Mirena... i was on my 3rd year when i found out i was pregnant. Which i have to say was weird because we had been fine until then and i had the heaviest period ever the month after i was supposed to have gotten pregnant. When i went into the Clinic the nurse took the IUD out, and they did an ultrasound to make sure that it was not an Ectopic pregnancy. Which it wasn't everything turned out great. But if you have any Doubt in your mind, any at all... follow your instincts and go to the Dr. She told me that it was a good thing i went when i did because the farther along you get the more dangerous it becomes. I hope this helps :) If you have any other questions you can message me directly!

Janet
    JooJuBeanz

Answer by JooJuBeanz at 12:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• JooJu, can I ask what made you think you were pregnant? What symptoms did you have?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ok so just the other day my friend felt preg (she has one) and took a couple tests. both positive. she goes to the dr fri. i got scared and went to mirenas website....apparently you are supposed to check to see if the cords are in place every month! I was never told this and im on my second one! It never hurts to take a test.

http://www.mirena-us.com/index.jsp
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ooh and she was gaining weight, sick after she ate, and boobs hurt, and missed her period
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Honestly, i just knew i was pregnant (call it the sixth sense). i was nauseous, my breasts hurt. u know the usual. But i had a feeling, just like with my other pregnancies. but that's what worried me because i wasn't supposed to get pregnant so easily! with the IUD in place and all i had been fine for almost 3 years.
    JooJuBeanz

Answer by JooJuBeanz at 12:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2009