Thinking about going for a real estate lisence info please :)

Hi I'm thinking about going for a real estate License. I Want some insight i guess is what im trying to say..did you find the test extremely hard? Do you like your job? Whats the ups and downs about your job..Anything really let me know anything about being a real estate agent or any advice or anything please. I found a course online that you get the hours needed in and you take a pretest and when you pass it you get a certification to go take the actual test. Does this seem like a good idea to do? any insight/ information is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Sarah

mom2twopreemies

Asked by mom2twopreemies at 11:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• NO, NO and NO. This is one of the most saturated career fields right now, and houses are just not selling in this economic crisis... DO NOT waste your money.
    Anonymous

• Hi, Sarah, It's going to vary state to state. Here in CA, you can take a crash course designed to get you to pass the test. I found the test to be pretty simple thanks to that.

But you have to understand that it may be a very long time before you see any return on your investment. If you become a salesperson, you're paid on commission only, and you have to pay for the marketing of your listings. There's a lot of out-of-pocket before you make any money at all.

It does work for some. I wasn't one of those for whom it worked; I went in when the field truly was saturated. It's actually a bit better now. A lot of people let their licenses lapse, as I did, and many won't be going back. I don't plan to. It just wasn't for me.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You need to speak with real estate professionals in your area. Find two or three who are willing to schedule an informational interview with you (contact me if you have any questions).

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Right now I wouldn't put my time and effort into that industry. The housing market being what it is...the mortgage market being what it is....there are better things to invest your time, money and efforts into....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Its the perfect time to invest! It's like being in a baby in a candy store and its all so cheap!

Robert kiyosaki has a mentoring program, I started one free, the counselor called my house and told me the steps I need to take to be successful. It's a buyers/investors market.

Check out Kiyosakis site. http://www.richdad.com/ I'm loving the knowledge.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2009