Seriously dry scalp

I have been told I have very very dry scalp by my stylist, almost like cradle cap. And I do. I have tried dandruff shampoos, Nutragena T-gel shampoo, psoriasis shampoos, baby oil on my head and scraping it off - and nothing seems to work long term. It's not dandruff. We also have hard water with high mineral content.
Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• try using coconut oil on your scalp. you can also try a shampoo with tea tree oil, like by Avalon

Answer by rkoloms at 7:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't know but I have the same problem. Mine is cause by stress. My sister has it too. I have tried every dandruff shampoo too. When I look at my scalp there are spots where there are patches that are the size of dimes that I could scratch off. We don't have hard water so I'm not sure if that is actually the problem. I have ezcema so maybe that's part of it. I don't know. I know that I have been told that if you take an oil supplement it's supposed to be really good for dry skin. Maybe it would help the scalp too? I wish I could help but at least know you aren't alone.
    Anonymous

• OP here - thanks for letting me know Im not alone!
    Anonymous

• i was gonna say to try coconut oil or avocado oil. also call around to a acupuncturists and ask them regarding it.. perhaps there might be something they can help with.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2009