3 month old formula eating habit

My baby eats approximately every 3 hours and between 4-6 ounces. Only problem is that she will only eat 1-2 ounces at the start when she wakes up and then splits the rest up over the time she is awake. It is hard cos then she gets tired and cant eat well but is still tired. This is only during the day and she usually goes right off to sleep (when I rock her) after her tum is full. Any suggestions on how I can change this and convince her to eat more at once. ANyone else have the same experience?

Ps she is naturally very alert and interested in her surroundings

mummylovebaby

Asked by mummylovebaby at 11:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter would drink formula and if she was sleeping nothing but when she is awake spits up everywhere. Not sure if its the same as you have it but my daughter still spits up but its getting better the doctors say it happens to lots of babies and they grow out of it and I"m starting to notice it. I just hate cleaning up after her. who knows. I have my baby on the enfamil ar its for babies who spit up. Not sure if I was much help...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm not sure, but just wanted to make sure you know the formula is only good for one hour after her first drink..so if she is splitting it up over her awake time, just make sure you don't use it past an hour. We have this problem with my son- sometimes it takes him the whole hour to drink a 3 oz bottle and other times we end up having to throw out some. Good luck.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• if she spits up alot, try burping more.....and keep her sitting up for a few seconds before feeding her again...that might help
    aal3407

Answer by aal3407 at 4:05 AM on Jun. 4, 2009