canned chicken

any ideas for dinner meals with canned chicken... thank u so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• The only thing Ive ever used canned chicken for was chicken salad sandwiches.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I make a noodle dish, like tuna noodle only with chicken. It's really easy, you take about an 1/8 of a bell pepper, about an 1/8 of an onion, and two stalks of celery, and mushrooms if you like them. Slice them thinly and brown them lightly in a non stick skillet. While that's going on make the noodles, about 8 to 12 oz. Then add a can of cream of chicken soup, 1 1/2 cans of milk, 2 big spoons of mayo and the chicken. Bring to a boil, then simmer. Heat oven to 350, when the noodles are done combine them with the chicken sauce in a deep casserole. Top with croutons and bake for 20 min.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:08 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I make quesadea's with it. I just lay one flat, sprinkle cheese all over, plop on some salsa and some canned chicken. Put another tortilla on top, microwave about 1 min, and Walla...dinner! I serve it with mexican rice and corn. You can also put it in pasta salads or almost any cheesey type casserole.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• anything!! That you would do with cooked chicken!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• mix it with your favorite bbq sauce and serve it on a roll.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my sister makes chicken noodle soup.
    I make a pasta salad with any type of pasta add miracle whip, ranch dressing, parsley, frozen peas (thawed ) and little chunks of cheese sometimes I will throw in chopped onion,celery and bacon bits.

Also you can have chicken with mayo, chopped celery, red grapes, cashews, serve on top of lettuce leaves or add to a croissant roll for a light sandwich
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Soup, salad, BBQ Chicken sandwiches, chicken salad with mayo, etc on crackers, use it in place of tuna in tuna salad or casserole. Use in place on tuna in Tuna Helper. Make Fettuccine Alfredo and add drained canned chicken to it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• put it in rice a roni..or noodle roni.. quick easy cheap!!
    Sillvercandy

Answer by Sillvercandy at 7:24 PM on Jun. 6, 2009