Is 21 weeks too soon to try to get the baby to move?

I have been pretty busy all day, but really haven't felt much movement, if any. I am still only feeling slight movements anyway, and I am not terribly worried, but I wanted to try drinking something sweet and laying down to see if I can feel him moving around... Is it too soon to try this trick, I am concerned it may just make me worry. I usually only feel movement a couple times a day at short intervals...

kitten_shuga

Asked by kitten_shuga at 11:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah you might be feeling a little but in a few more weeks is when you will start feeling good movements. You shouldnt be to worried right now
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I agree with hinson =] I felt my daughter for the first time at 19 weeks, but I didn't feel constant strong movements until much much much later. Small flutters are totally normal right now. Just wait until you're about 35 weeks and you see your baby's butt or head move all across your belly xD Ahh I miss it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i felt muh bby move at 15 wks or so. but ppl feel it at diff times. ull be like "hmm.. was tht a kick or a gas bubble??"
    n when u have more, ull realize it was ur precious bby :]
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Don't freak out yet. You will feel the baby move soon en ough. When it starts moving you will wish it would stop. Wait till you can't sleep bc you can't get comfortable. So just be patient. Trust me enjoy the sleep you get now. But I wouldn't change feeling my kids move for nothing. It's the best thing in the world.
    mommyof302

Answer by mommyof302 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I am 22 weeks and this kid goes insane if I drink Mt Dew. Don't worry. My last pregnancy she didn't move regularly daily where I could feel it until 26 weeks.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My little one is already very active & I'm just at 18weeks. I've done the trick where I lay on my left side with a sugary drink (I usually drink it either really cold or fizzy just in case) but it never fails. It's still only internal movement though, waiting for the external. I'd say it's worth a try (usually give it about 20min) but if you don't feel it just remember it's still early & every pregnancy is different, never hurts to just try though...thats how I found out it works for me lol. Good luck mama!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I used to do that. I would drink something and then lay down and get still and just enjoy him moving around. It was just flutters but it was cool. Everynight I could feel it. I was about 19-20 weeks.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i am 21 half weeks prego!! there are days where she doesnt move at all..but if its ur 1st then it can be harder to tell movements..i see u said that u are busy all day..moving alot and being active can cause u not to feel him move cuz u are so busy with other things..(he is moving u just dont notice) yea i would try eating or drinking something sweet.. if u get to worried i would call ur doc, they will let u kno that its all normal or to come in and get a ultrasound.. good luck!!
    babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2009