Should I just leave her (picture)

When my son was about 3 months old I saw a puppy with a red bow on Valentine's Day and just couldn't resist. Turns out she has scabies, tics, and none of her vaccinations. After paying $90 for her we probably ended up spending around $300 in vet visits and food. Finally the scabies was gone, but we just didn't have enough time to train the poor puppy.

I put an ad on craigslist and got a ton of replies because she's ADORABLE. I decided to give her to one of my only friends that is actually kind of responsible. Well I just found out she gave her away to a couple of my stoner friends from school and I got a picture of Missy. She seriously looks like one of those starving dogs on the pet cop shows that they find.
Photobucket

ours

Asked by ours at 11:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pets

• They said that they feed her a lot, but I don't know. What should I do? I feel completely responsible and awful. :[
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would make a report for animal abuse because if they are feeding her and she still looks like that then there is something wrong. She is a pretty girl.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Call animal control. They will investigate the situation.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:03 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I told them to take her to the vet if they're feeding her as much as they say and she's still that small. I don't want to call animal control if I don't have to. They are still my friends, whether they're smart or not is an entirely different topic. I grew up, they didn't.

You do agree that is too skinny, right? They are having a party over there and invited me so I'm guna go over there and take a look for myself.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:07 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• What she looked like while with us (not the best picture, I know).

Photobucket
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:09 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• An animal is like a child, my animals I call my "furkids", soooooo with that said you NEED to call animal control and have them investigate. Because if a "friend" was beating their five year old kid you wouldn't NOT call CPS because "well, they are my friends"....

Do the right thing and call or take the dog back and MAKE time to train it.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:19 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm going over there on Saturday so I'll see for myself. If it's bad I'll have no problem taking her back. Their whole lifestyle has just gotten old and I'm sick of hanging on to a few of them just because there's no one else.

It sucks that it has come to this, but it's just so sad. I feel completely responsible and I never knew that my friend would just give her away. She seemed so excited and up for it. I mean I had already spent the money on Missy, trained her to sit, stay, walk, lay down, shake, everything but completely potty trained...all she had to do was love her and buy a damn crate. :[

I don't get it!
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:29 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I was in a similar situation last summer. I had adopted a dog, but was unable to keep her for personal reasons. I gave her to my sil, and what was once a pampered dog became an outdoor dog that while fed properly and given shelter, was no where near as loved as she could have been, It broke my heart, but my hands were tied, and with them giving her the necessities, there wasn't anything animal control could do.

I found out recently that my dog had gotten out of their yard a couple months ago and was hit by a car. No one called to tell me, and they didn't seem the least bit concerned. Just another dead dog to them. Its sickening, but many people have no regard for the life of an animal.

Please do something to prevent this pup from being unloved and mistreated.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Wow, seriously if this dog is supposably getting fed . Then Im bo jengls!!! I would say something . That was pretty irrisponsible of your friend to send her too people that do that too a dog. Damn dog looks imaciated. Do what you think is right for that pup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• OMFG!!!!!! THAT POOR DOG!!!! WHO CARES IF THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS. THAT DOG DOES NOT NEED TO TREATED LIKE THAT!!!!! I HAVE 4 DOGS AND THEY ARE ALL SO HEALTHY NONE OF THEM LOOK LIKE THAT. THATS JUST PATHETIC!!!!!!! I'D CALL THE ANIMAL CONTROL. THEY DON'T HAVE TO KNOW WHO CALLED THEM. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF THAT DOG DIES B4 YOU GO SEE IT???? I HONESTLY DON'T SEE HOW YOU CAN NOT GO GET IT NOW OR CALL SOMEONE. THAT POOR DOG PROB HASN'T BEEN FEED IN AWHILE. I'M SORRY BUT SHIT THAT POOR DOG!!!!
    mommyof302

Answer by mommyof302 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2009