HELP!!!!! BABY TEETHING HERE!

I HAVE A FOUR MONTH OLD SON AND HE IS STARTING TO TEETHE WHAT IS WEIRD IS THAT HE CUTTING IS STOMACH TOOTH FIRST THIS IS HIS FIRST ONE HE HAS STARTED CUTTING. I ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY CUT 2 TOP AND 4 BOTTOMS? ANYWAYS I HEAR THE STOMACH TOOTH IS THE WORSE TO CUT, THE VERY TIP OF IT IS THROUGH, MOST OF THE DAY HE IS FINE AND DANDY BUT AROUND 8:00 HE IS SO RESTLESS AND ALL HE WANTS IS TO BE HELD ( WHICH I REALLY DONT WANT HIM TO GET USED TO, DONT WANT HIM SPOILED ROTTON) I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THIS IS NORMAL AND WHAT I COULD DO TO HELP THE LIL' GUY OUT A BIT I HAVE BEEN USING TEETHING TABLTS AND MOTRIN. I DIDNT KNOW IF THERE WAS ANY HOME REMITIES THAT I COULD USE TO HELP HIM OUT? I HEARD OF WHISKY BUT NOT TO FOND OF THIS ONE. IS IT NORMAL AT NIGHT TIME TO BE WORSE?? UGGG!

Amanda2430

Asked by Amanda2430 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Things are always worse at night. Teething, fevers, being sick in general. Holding him to comfort him won't spoil him. He's in pain and needs his mom. There's nothing wrong with him getting used to being held when he doesn't feel good. Something that worked wonders for my kids when they teethed was the vibrating teething star by First Years. Good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't think you will spoil him holding him all the time. My son wanted to be held all of the time, too and nursed a lot for comfort, and had a hard time going to sleep in evenings. The vacuum cleaner (sound of it) would lull him into calmness! Maybe your baby is feeling pain from teething. I'd definately hold him.

Put a little pressure with your finger or a cold wet washcloth (my kids never liked the teething rings but maybe your baby will) onto the gums. Talk to him, rock him, sing to him, maybe see if the swing will work.

We used the teething tablets and motrin if needed, like you're doing.

Spoiling, one mother told me, is what happens to fruit that sits out on the counter. I really don't think you'll spoil him, maybe just make him feel loved and secure by holding him right now.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:05 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• If you get a wash cloth wet with a little bit of juice so that it is flavored... and then put it in the fridge for freezer for a little while he will chew on it and it will help with the swelling. You may want to stay away from Motrin though. That may cause him to have a stomach ache.
    luvmyson1122

Answer by luvmyson1122 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would hold him! He's a BABY!!!! Give him a frozen wet wash cloth or if he takes a pacifier...

use the lid to a bottle and fill it with milk (breast/formula) and stick the pacifier in the top of it upside down. Make a lollipop for him! Babies love it!!
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• im a pediatric nurse and did you know Motrin IS NOT to be used till least 6 months of age even IF they meet the weight requirements Tylenol ONLY
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2009