when did you all start feeding your babies infant juice? and what kind?

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why do they need infant juice, whatever that is. I'm assuming you mean the gerber juice sold in the baby isle?

That stuff will do nothing for your baby. I didn't start giving mine juice until maybe 1 yo. and even then it was 1:4 ratio.

Stick with water, I'm sure they like it if they've never had juice.

If you must do juice, please don't start before 6 months and that's bare bones, I would wait even longer. And if you have to do it, just put a splash of it in some water.

Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 12:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My daugther was 7 months when i started her on like 1 oz of juice and 3 oz of water. This is when I started her on the sippy cup. I was tryting to show her that the Cuppy was only for water and juice and she only had a bottle for formula. She loved her cup right off the bat cause she knew it had something new in it. The doctor also said it was ok to start he on a little juice. I did use the Gerber Kind. and she is now 3 and I still put water in her juice and she loves her apple juice. But i heard that new juice from Juicy Juice was good for kids with the DHA for brain Delevepment. It the new kind in the squart looking container and i only found it at town in county in my city.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Four months, a bit pf pear juice at the doctor's suggestion for what I thought was constipation. Stopped juice within a week after learning that breastfed babies aren't supposed to poop much, and that juice can damage teeth.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I squeeze oranges and dilute it with water in my daughter's sippy cup. Especially when she is sick! I gave her diluted apple juice too, i don't use the baby juice though. Just normal juice. I've given her apple juice maybe a handful of times? (she is 7 months). But she loves orange juice. :)
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I started giving my son juice at about 3 months only because we had done everything else for his constipation and the doctor used it and Karo as a loast resort and it worked.. I still have to now and he's 9 months old... I dont give it to him cause I want to I do it cause I have to.. But I started him on apple,pear, and white grape ... all clear so they didnt stain lol
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 1:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• They dont need juice..i dont know what baby juice is but a normal 100% juice is fine when they are older. After 6 months or so they can have a little bit of watered down juice if you want them to have that.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:43 AM on Jun. 4, 2009