How do you make close friends?

I don't have a girl best friend to do stuff with. You know the person you can talk to about anything. You can call just because - you don't have to have a "real" reason to call them. I have had a couple of close best friends but have lost touch with them. Its probably been over 10 years since I've had a girl friend like that. I really miss it. Just someone to go clothes shopping with or go hang at their house and have our kids play. How do you find a friend like that? I have a few of my daughter's friends moms that I talk to once in awhile but nothing consist. How do you make friends? I don't talk to anyone that close. I am married but not the same thing as a close girl friend. Any ideas? suggestions?Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I am in the same boat as you. I try to get out when I can, like to scrapbook with the ladies at church. Maybe plan this week to call one of your daughter's moms and plan an outing, so they girls can hang and yall can hang, a trip to the pool or zoo?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:10 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• it think is by chance in a way, i didnt have a friend like that till i met cass(and i have several friends), which we met off of myspace, but she is one person i can talk to about anything and everything.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Totally understand. I feel that way. I'm "friends" with the neighbor ladies, but it's not like that. It's not like you feel totally comfortable and can be yourself.
    I have a best friend like that, but she lives 5000 miles away and neither of us are good at calling consistently, so it feels like no friends sometimes.
    I don't know what you can do! I kinda envy the people who have that. Like my mom- she's friends with all the same ladies she was friends with in HS. They're all so close and good to eachother. But I know I'm lucky, because I have my mom and my sister I can call for no reason.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• umm imet cass off of myspace that is
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:17 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Oh I forgot to mention- www.MOPS.org and www.MEETUP.com are ways to meet moms, as well.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:19 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Best friends, just like true love, takes two people to have the feeling. You can't control anyone else's feelings. All you can do is to meet people and find someone you enjoy being with, learn about them and find out what they like and dislike, what they consider important. Keep yourself someone that others like to be around- someone who complains all the time, for example, would bring anyone down. So we develop a positive outlook, we remember what is going on in the friend's life and ask about it if she likes to talk about herself. She may also be looking for a friend, then a good friend, then a best friend that she can confide in. She may not, too. She may be a reserved person. A strong caution that I should give you is don't open up totally to your new friend, don't tell her your life story and fears and hopes and so forth until you know her well. Too often there are people who want drama but not a true friend.

Answer by Bmat at 7:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I was going to say the same thing as BMAT. You cant just go seeking it. It comes to you. Its like meeting someone you just click with and then youre friends forever. There are seasons for certain friends and ones for a lifetime. My best friend is one that I met about 13 yrs ago at church. She has a dd that is the same age as mine and they looked alike when they were little. That automatically drew us together. Then I found out that she loves to shop and loves to buy boutique clothes. I was in a really small country town so to find out that someone else shared my interest in shopping somewhere other than the dollar store, imagine my happiness! We have both had more kids and now we both have 4 a piece. She lives an hour from me but we text, we call and we invite for parties. We meet up every few months. I dont have to see her everyday to know shes my BFF. We just will always be no matter what. You will find that person.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:10 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ya i agree with bmat.i had a really good friend and she went against me.i was sad.ive talked about it with my husband he said it was ok when she told me her dirty laundry but not ok when i did.so it seems to me that i am not going to tell all my dirty laundry to fast.so basically all i was was a sounding board.oh well.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 8:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009