How do you dicipline a 6yr old girl??!!??!!

She talks back, rolls her eyes, I've tried spanking...SHE HITS BACK! Yelling, talking calmly...Nothing works. SHe just DOESN'T listen.

DevilishEyez

Asked by DevilishEyez at 3:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Aw, spanking never works. Does she have any sort of add or anything that youknow of? Are you and your husband still together, no dramatic changes in your family? I'd try taking things away from her for periods of time, and sending her to her room, or some time in the corner. You just REALLY have to be persistent. Dont apologize for disciplining ever if they truly deserve it, no matter how bad you feel. You are the parent, if she gets up, put her back, if she yells at you, ignore her,she wants a rise from you by acting out and shes getting it, dont let her be in control, kinda sounds like a little bit of child manipulation (on her part), stand strong mama!
    Ilovemybbgrl

Answer by Ilovemybbgrl at 3:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Have you tried ignoring her or taking away something she loves?
    amoremio

Answer by amoremio at 3:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I put my DD on a time out or send her to sit on her bed for about 20 mins.
    momofsixangels

Answer by momofsixangels at 3:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Ignore, time out or taking away something she likes’
    sara76c

Answer by sara76c at 3:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My daughter is 5 and time outs just don't cut it anymore so we started to take her favorite things away from her, that seem to work VERzY well.
    Mami2LelanChloe

Answer by Mami2LelanChloe at 3:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• You must have my daughters TWIN!!! Timeouts weren't working for me, I tried to get down to her level and speak to her like an adult.... I agree with a lot of the other moms on here... Take away the things she LOVES. I have found it works wonders.
    madismom1130

Answer by madismom1130 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Thank you all...I do take her tv priviledge away, sometimes for 2-5 days! It's getting old though. Maybe a corner for something new.
    DevilishEyez

Answer by DevilishEyez at 2:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• 1-2-3 MAGIC...... Check it out at the library.... Excellent book to read on postive discipline.
    deputywife

Answer by deputywife at 3:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009