How do I take the bottle away from my daughter at night time

I want to know how do I take my daughter's bottle a way. I give it to her before she goes to bed but know I don't know how not to give it to her. I have tried to give her milk in a sippy cup but that did not work. I need ideas.

Terry990

Asked by Terry990 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just put the bottles away one day and brought out the sippies, end of story. But here's what i did with the paci. We put the pacis in a bag for the paci fairy to bring to the babies, and even wrote a note. My son wanted me to add that he should get a suprise since he used some of those pacis when HE was a baby.

Plus he helped put his baby sister's pacis in the bag :) That night, she decided she wasn't ready so we let her have one out of the bag. Next night, she was ready to do it for real.

We put them out into the mailbox, my husband brought home something yummy (little debbies I think) and exchanged them. We went out the next day and got the surprise. She never missed the pacis again.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Switch her to water. She may drop the bottle all on her own and even if she doesn't, it won't rot her teeth like the milk is doing.

If she is old enough to understand, her are some "gentle" ways to get her to give them up:
    Have the bottle fairy come and take them away.
    Plant one in the ground and after she's asleep, put a flower in the hole or pot.
    Mail them to a new baby who needs them - you don't need a real new baby and you don't actuallyhave to mail them.

Or, just simply take them away and let her cry. She will get over it eventually.

I opted to wait until mine was old enough to understand. She got just water in the bottle and was 2.5 when the bottle fairy came for a visit. She asked for a bottle a few times but never cried or threw a fit.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• At night you child should have her teeth brushed and then get only water; after her second birthday, this is the only beverage that she needs.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2009