Have you seen this before?

My DS is 13 months old and all day long he has been putting his fingers down his throat until he gags. I have never seen this or heard of it before have you???

Sarahedger

Asked by Sarahedger at 12:35 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine did that. The more I reacted, the more she did it. I finally tried to ignore it and she stopped.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think my kids tried it, and I would tell them not to and why, and they quit. He's just discovered something his body will do and he is enthralled. If he doesn't stop, I'd call the dr. but I think it'll be fine.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My kid does this too. I have no idea why!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my son used to do it a lot. I've gotten him to stop for the most part, but I always figured that it was just a way for him to get attention.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my daughter did this for awhile.. i found out that her teeth were shifting and it was sore all the back in her throat... i just soothed her back gums for her and she stopped...
    USNmomwife

Answer by USNmomwife at 12:43 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My son did it and thought it was funny. I couldn't stand it but the more I reacted the more he did it. He doesn't do it anymore. He's 20 months.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 12:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my dd used to do it... she thought it was funny and i read somewhere it is the stage they are going through. My daughter doesn' t do it anymore. He'l be fine :)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My son has an oral aversion and is fed via GJ-tube. He would only tolerate his fingers and his pacifier in his mouth. His gag reflex is, let's say, hyperactive. But I only noticed excessive gagging while he was teething. Currently he still gags if I try to feed him something by mouth and put it to far back on his tongue.
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 1:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My DD is 20mo old and she still does it sometimes... she thinks it is hillarious... i don't... scares the crap out of me everytime!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 2:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2009