Is it wrong?

I already told my bf I dont want him in the room when I go into labor. He is a weakling and I dont want him traumatized by what he sees. I've seen many relationships fail afterwards and hes the type of guy who will never be the same lol... So what do you think? Am I wrong?

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 1:01 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What if he's in the room and just doesnt watch all the action? He can stand up by your head. He may know that if he watches he's going to freak out, but this is a big day for him as well. He's going to be missing out on it to if he doesnt atleast get to try to be involved. Just meet in the middle, tell him he can be in the room, but no watching the birth itself?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think if he wants to be, then you are taking something special away from him. It's his child, too. If he doesn't care and you are not comfortable with it, then by all means tell him to wait outside. I have never seen it affect any man past a few days. My husband thinks it's crazy in a cool way to watch...and gross but gets over it immediatly. Most men want sex a few days to a few weeks later and it has no affect on them. Besides, if you don't want him to see much, he can stay at your head and hold your hand.

Chick

Answer by Chick at 1:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• it's his baby too. i never get women who say they do not want their so there. give him a chance. relationships don't fail because a man was there while a woman gave birth. they would have failed anyway cuz the man was a douchebag. just don't' scream at him like it's his fault and you guys will be fine.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think it's good to have him in the room for comfort and support. He can be by your face the whole time, by your side sounds more like where he should be instead of down where the doctor is.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You could also get a doula to help him out. Doulas help take care of the mom and dad and offer support.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• If he want's to be there I don't think it is fair for you to deny him being there for the birth of his child. DH being there when our daughter was born brought us closer together and helped him bond with our daughter, don't deny him that.
    MammaMcC

Answer by MammaMcC at 12:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Haha.. He really isnt concerned about being there but he said if I wanted him there that he would. He said he at least wants to wait in the waiting room though. I told him I dont want him traumatized and he said he wants his sister there for sure, for some reason it feels more relative to him.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 4:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think if he wants to be there let him. My SO was there with our first, and it turned into an emergency c-section. It was really comforting for him to be there while something that was so scary went on, he was scared with me, and relieved with me after everything went well. If I have to go through it, at least he can be there for support. He wanted to come and I let him. He was there for c-section number 2, and will be there for the 3rd in November also. I think if he wants to let him. If the relationship fails because of something he sees, it was doomed to begin with. That's my opinion...but don't rob him of something because you think he'll be traumatized.
    jusjream

Answer by jusjream at 8:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2009