Don't lecture us: Arabs tell Obama, what do you think of Obamas plans?

Obama began his tour in Saudi Arabia and will deliver a speech in Cairo on Thursday to the world's 1.5 billion Muslims, after eight years of fraught ties under his predecessor George W. Bush.

"Don't be biased towards Israel, don't interfere in countries' internal affairs and don't give lessons in democracy," said an editorial in Egypt's state-owned Rose El-Youssef newspaper.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090603/wl_mideast_afp/usmideastdiplomacyarab_20090603200137

tyme4me2day

Asked by tyme4me2day at 1:02 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i think it is funny that they have to warn obama to mind his own d@mn bussiness ,.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Well, it can't hurt to have a state visit. Of course, Obama is not going to be popular with every group. I heard interviews on public radio they did with Egyptians regarding the visit. They said it seemed about a 50/50 split of support and dislike, just with the people they were catching on the street. I will be interested to hear how it all goes over!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• After King George mangled any good will we may have in the Arab world he's lucky if that is all they say to him. At least he is trying to make peace. The only thing King George knew how to do was make war, and it wasn't even on Ben Laden or anyone connected with 9/11.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I also want to point out that a state-owned newspaper in Egypt is exactly that...state owned. It is a mouthpiece for Mubarack who has been stealing elections and running the country like his own personal fiefdom for years...in other words, he is no fan of democracy.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• This is REAL simple ladies...These people have been fighting since the beginning of time! They will NEVER EVER EVER EVER get along. EVER! No amount of talking , begging, pleading, or negotiating is EVER going to make this happen. They are all or nothing countries. They want want ALL of what they want and to hell with the other guys. I don't understand WHY people don't understand this. It's NEVER gonna happen. And you can call him "king George" ( and I bet you are one of those that thinks Obama deserves to be treated respectfully!) all you want but your big guy Clinton didn't get the job done either. This isn't a problem that JUST cropped up in the last 8 yrs!!!! DUH.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• In 3 years obama will turn against america. so I have heard will it happen we will see.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Ben Laden...seriously......He plans and executes the mass murder of THOUSANDS of Americans and you can't spell his name!!! Wow....b/c its emblazoned in my mind...right alongside the name HITLER...won't be misspelling that one any time soon either!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Stupid libs the same ones who got alot of our troops killed because they just had to flood the media with the muslims being "raped" in abu Ghraib bullchit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Everything about Obama is an open book...unfortunately it's titled "IDIOT". Too bad it takes the Arab's to point out this fact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I completely agree anon :28.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2009