What does Genesis 12:3 mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dunno
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Why don't you post it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:28 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Well there you go OP. Hinson does know the Bible.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• 3And (A)I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse (B)And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."

i will bless those who bless you means that when someone does good unto you a child of God he will do back to them. Say someone gives you 20 dollars God will turn and lead someone to give them 40.. and the one who curses you i will curse.. If anyone is being mean to a child of God he will take care of them. Bring bad upon there lives And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed that means all the peoples lives you have touched will also be blessed
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• thanks pnwmom :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• God was sending Abram on a journey to Egypt. Because of Abram obedience to God - these were the provisions God gave to Abram. Awesome !
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 1:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• yes but this is referring to blessing Israel. read verse above and below it too,lol
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yeah it has to do with Israel. Abram was to become the father of many nations. read the following ( parenthesis mine)
    1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. ( the new land would become the great nation of Israel)

2 "I will make you into a great nation ( speaks of Israel)
    and I will bless you; ( through Abram the nation of Israel will be blessed)
    I will make your name great, ( Israel is a great nation)
    and you will be a blessing. ( Israel will be a blessing to all ... side note.. that is if people would stop messing with Israel )

3 I will bless those who bless you, ( anyone who blesses Israel will be blessed)
    and whoever curses you I will curse; ( anyone who curses Israel will be cursed)
    and all peoples on earth ( the people of Israel will be blessed)
    will be blessed through you
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• "And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed", is speaking of the part that Israel was (is) to play in bringing the news of a risen Savior to the world. Jesus was born through Abraham's lineage, thus through Abraham we are all blessed.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2009