NOBODY CAME TO MY BABY SHOWER?

My sister and husband threw me a shower and only one lady came, besides my 2 sisters and mother. apparently no one saw the invite(9invites were mailed late and it was on memorial weekend (sat 23rd). My husband has talked about throwing another shower or waiting until the baby comes and throwing a meet the baby party. We are financially broke right now,(today I had to return the car seat stroller combo ,the only thing we have been able to buy for the baby,just to buy groceries) I just dont know what to do. I dont know if I want another shower after the disappointment of the first one. Wouldn't it be tacky for them to throw me another shower? What about the meet the baby party after the baby comes is this a good idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didnt have anyone come to my shower either . i would maybe try again after teh baby is born
    have you maybe tried applying for foodstamps and wic? they are there for you to use when you need help . if i had any extra things i would give them to you . but as of now our little girl is using everything lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would just try another baby shower. That way you can be more prepared for the baby. Just an idea to help you out, at my babyshower we did a diaper rafle. My mom bought a prize and who ever brought a pack of diapers would be able to win the prize. Whatever you plan hope it turns out better. Good luck.
    moniluvsmarcus

Answer by moniluvsmarcus at 1:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I am so sorry about your baby shower. There is no reason you can't have another. Some moms end up having three baby showers. One by her family, one by her husband's family and one by her friends. I see nothing wrong with having a second one. Have your husband explain to one of your friends what happened and he can ask her to throw you another baby shower. Just make sure she gets the invites out or at least calls people to make sure they are coming. Have him offer to do it in your home, and you can prepare the food and everything if she will just invite people for you. I understand how you would feel throwing yourself a shower.

I hope that it works out better the second time around.

hugs

casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• that is just mean anon people hit hard times
    must be nice on your cloud there . i dont think you have the right to be a B*tch to this person she is just asking a question .
    OP .. i can help with some resources if youd like you can private message me . i am very good at findign things and info about assistance for other states . so you can have all the info before going to apply for it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• anon, that was uncalled for. She is having a baby and no amount of should'ves is going to change it.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i'm so sorry about your shower hun! i would definitley throw another one! this made me feel so bad that if i knew where you lived i would throw you one myself! =]
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 1:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• we lost our food stamps because my husband got a 2nd part time job ,so we make just enough no to qualify for them. his client for that part time job is and has been in the hospital for 2 wks and will be in for another week the company he works for cant find him any hours. he has been picking up extra shifts this week and donating plasma to make ends meet. It doesnt help that our daughter's birthday is sat. I even got hired to do a wedding that was supposed to be this friday but they just postponed it until august( flowers).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• try for wic then even military families can get that
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear that, how upsetting. Was there an r.s.v.p. on the invite? How well did you know the other women invited to the shower? Could you casually find out why they didn't attend the shower. They should have sent a gift, or card with money or something. Yes, I would throw a big " meet the baby " party. Sounds like so much fun. Since you are low on funds maybe your Mom and sisters would help make and bring food and drinks. Invite lots of people to celebrate your baby and many gifts will help you out so much. Not meaning that to sound gready, but friends and family will be so excited to see your baby and happy to bring a gift. Don't be afraid to tell them what you want or need for the baby, they will choose to buy what they can afford. If someone wants to throw you another shower, go for it!! Then still host a BIG meet the baby party because not all will be at shower, do simple drinks and cheeses and fruit or so. GL
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 2:07 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Thanks Mrs.owen86 I will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Jun. 4, 2009