Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am newly single mom, and life's been very stressful, it's been bad night

after I've text him since 9pm asking about how my daughter's doing, he didn't reply nor answered my call, and he's known to drink a lot when he's out. Sooo worried and miss her so much, cried enough and wondering is there anything I could do to get things better, and feel like a bad mom, a helpless mom. Her dad had refused to sign on here passport application to prevent the trip to overseas for my brother's wedding. And I felt that he stepped on me and controlling what we could do or not. Is there an end to this nightmare?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • pray

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

  • i dont think hes really trying to control u by not signing I dont think you would want ur baby going overseas with out you...or maybe you would....I dunno. But you can do family mediation or counseling even if your seperated.

    Answer by Dom123123 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

  • If you think your daughter is in danger or are worried because he is not answering the phone, call the police and ask them to do a well child check. You have the right to know if your child is okay, just give them his address and telephone #. Good Luck.

    Answer by lmsar at 2:29 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

  • Were you ever married? Are there court ordered custody arrangements? I would get a lawyer now and tell them he drinks and won't return your calls when you call to check on her or to say goodnight. You need some legal representation. If you can't afford a lawyer sometimes the Child Support Enforcement Agency can provide one for you.

    Answer by salexander at 2:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.