TRAVELING??

WHEN DO YOU THINK IT IS OK TO TRAVEL WITH A NEWBORN?? MY FAMILY LIVES 5 HOURS AWAY, AND I WOULD REALLY LIKE THEM TO MEET MY BABY GIRL BUT SHE IS ONLY 1 WEEK OLD AND SHE HAS ALREADY BEEN TO THE DR. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There's nothing wrong with waiting until the baby is a bit older. You'll have to make a lot of stops for feeding and you cant really nurture the baby while it is in a carseat...you should ask if they'll meet you half way or just go to your house. Most families wont make you go to them, theyll come to you because it can be difficult pending babies mood.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Are you even ready for travel yet? Talk to your doctor or your newborn's pediatrician and see if they have any problems with it.

lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 2:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I agree, invite your family to come visit.

I had to take a 5 hour trip to a funeral with my DD when she was 5 months old. On the way there she was pretty much fine, slept a lot and we only stopped 1 time I think, but ... the way back was HELL. She was just done being in the car seat and screamed like the last 1-2 hours and we had to stop constantly cause I can't stand to hear her cry, AND I was sitting in the back with her the whole time! I would not recommend it.

Invite your family to visit :)
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 2:33 AM on Jun. 4, 2009