whats up with the back of the head?

my lo is 9 months old. she's birracial(black and white) and has beautiful curly hair.i wash her hair with johnsons baby shampoo 3 times a week and baby oil to the scalp afterwards. the top and the sides are ok but her hair in the back seems to look a little knotted even when i comb it out. is there anything i can do or is it something that will get better with time.

ilmilu00

Asked by ilmilu00 at 2:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby and I have the same hair type.
    I wouldn't use Johnson & Johnson products. Although they are ok for white hair, most of their products will strip your biracial child's hair of it's natural oils. Ethnic hair tends to be drier. I recommend checking out Curlz
    http://www.curls.biz/curly-hair-products/baby-curly-hair-products.html

Mae-ye

Answer by Mae-ye at 10:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Hehe. When you find the answer, let me kow! I have a "white" baby and she is 2 and no matter how much I brush her hair the back always looks like a little bird nest, lol. Nevermind that she hates to have her hair brushed.

They sell the spray on detangler that kinda helps in coming that out.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 2:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Im half black and white and my sis is a bit younger than me and her hair didnt get like that until she was 2 or so. so your baby is probably gonna always have some really kinky hair. try and use organic products like jojoba oil and such because it helps a lot more than any johnsons and johnsons will. But sadlybecasue babies do a lot of laying its keep kinking up like that....
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:35 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• hehe its be like dat forever but u cud use detangler spray to comb it out
    lanlan

Answer by lanlan at 3:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2009