My son is about to turn one this month so should i wing him off some of the baby food?

My son will be 1 on june the 10th. And he is not liking his baby food all that well. So should i start introducing him to other foods? Healthy foods of course. Well i hope i get some advice back.

maddiesmomma926

Asked by maddiesmomma926 at 2:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try some natural purees or go to the website below...becasue then you can make them to his liking. nurture-baby.com

go there they have a bunch of recipes u can try
    click on recipes then you can choose the age group.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My pediatrician want me having my daughter off baby food around that time. Just talk to your pedi and see what he recommends for your child! Good luck!
    kizzy819

Answer by kizzy819 at 2:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Finger foods! Try peas, edamame, tofu cubes, slices of banana, avacado, etc. anything cut up real small that you think he won't choke on and allow him to self feed! I pretty much never did purees with my DD, only like babana, avacado, and maybe 1 or 2 other things when she was 6-8 months old. then it was straight finger foods and she loved it and did quite well.

Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 2:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Correct spelling is wean and not wing. I just thought you would like to know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• no no no please dont give your baby tofu...please
    it causes ur baby to have premature hormonal growth and early puberty

its a new research but stay away from it...you can look it up for yourself if you dont believe me
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:05 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• DOM, do you have reference to this? I don't think that's accurate but would love to see the research.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 3:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My son just turned 1 last week and I can't remember when we gave him baby food ... maybe a few weeks ago? What we've been doing is giving him cut up pieces of our lunch/dinner. For breakfast he gets an Eggo waffle, or two, and maybe a fruit baby food jar, and his milk of course. You'll be surprised at what they eat! If they don't like it at first, or won't try it, pretend you're eating it. Works wonders! My son wouldn't try a lot of stuff and thought he may just be a picky eater. But then I pretended I was eating it too and he would then try it at least.

Good luck!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My son is 10 months and has been on all table foods since he was 8 months old...
    He eats whatever we do for the most part as long as it's soft enough for him to mash with his gums.
    For breakfast he will eat things like: fruit and cereal bars, french toast, yogurt, dry cereal, fruit
    Lunch/dinner: grilled cheese, beans (he LOVES kidney beans), tomatoes, chicken, burger, deli meats, bread, rice, noodles, corn, broccoli, tortilla shell, ravioli with no sauce
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:06 AM on Jun. 4, 2009