i have had really really sharp stabbing pains in my right side. it hurts when im standing and or moving around? is this normal? and it also hurts press on the location where it hurts... is it just a pulled ligament from baby or something worse?

im just over 24 weeks pregnant...

mrs.miner

Asked by mrs.miner at 2:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have a hernia i got it when i was pregnant but it doesn't bother me enough to get surgery on it i hope you feel better
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 2:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i had that with my first pregnancy...i was 6 months...my doctor told me to lay on your left side and drink water....it went away after awhile he also said it could of been BH but if it keeps hurting after awhile id call your doctor
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 2:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Im not sure but talk to ur doc but I described that same pain to my doc and its called round ligament pain cuz ur uterus starts out so small then grows huge and pulls at connecting tissue causing some pain...

he told me if it gets really bad then take some tylenol, drink water and lay down
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It could be a pulled muscle or a kidney stone, I would go to the doctor. Get well soon
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• or it could be your appendix, it is on the right side of your body
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 5:02 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You need to have it checked out. It could be any of the above problems. Appendix is first thing that comes to mine. Or, maybe you have a cyst on your right ovary. Get it checked out, get lots of rest, and stay well hydrated. And don't stay out in the heat too long either. Good Luck
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:06 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i had the same thing happen to me. i was told that it was how i laid down to sleep and that i stretched a ligament too much. as long as yiu can still feel the baby moving you should be fine. if it doesnt go away though... call your doctor.
    katybug21

Answer by katybug21 at 8:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Im 29 weeks pregnant and I get those pains my DR said it was 1 of my twins laying there.
    lilmamaof209

Answer by lilmamaof209 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009