Yeast Infection..TMI

ok, so, I know that some antibiotics can cause yeast infections.
But if my husband was taking them, and we had sex and he came inside me, could I get a yeast infection?
I feel like I have one, and can't figure out what else it could be from.
Thank you for any help.
And please No Bashing. I don't want to hear anything rude.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Health

• You can get a yeast infection at any time, for no apparent reason at all. It's possible that you could have gotten it from him, I've heard that it can be transferred back and forth like that, but it's also just as possible that you just happened to get it at the same time he is on antibiotics. I wouldn't really worry about it, just treat it, and probably see about him getting treated as well, that way, he can't give it back to you if you got it from him or if you gave it to him.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have actually never heard of getting one like that unless YOUR HUBBY has the yeast infection and spreads it to you. But just because he is on antibiotics, that doesn't necessarily mean he has yeast.
    I am a Type 1 diabetic, and therefore, have had my share of those(and somebody else's too it seems!). Most onsets come after I,myself have taken penicillin, or amoxicillin.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 2:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• so i jsut found out about the whole antibiotic/yeast thing when my 11month old son got one from them. but i know that you can get yeast inf from now going to the bathroom after having sex. or maybe that was uti's?? im not sure now that i think about it.....
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 3:05 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• taking antibiotics is not the only way to get a yeast infection. It occurs anytime your body produces too much yeast && throws off the pH balance of your vagina. It can be caused by douching, pregnancy, menstration, sperm, diabetes, birth control pills, or anything else that changes the normal environment of your vagina.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 4:59 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• YES, you can get them from like ANYTHING...stress, sex, wearing wet swimsuits all the time....medicine...umm..BREATHING it seems like lol...your body changes all the time and it seems like those stupid infections is how it deals with it..
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 4, 2009