My 14mth old just got 2 of his jaw teeth.The Dr. said he would more than likely start getting them at 3 or 4, and to give him baby aspirin. But he's only 14mths. so what do I give him? Tylenol isnt working and neither is Motrin. He even gets so sick with them he throws up alot

teething, help

HelloKittyCrazy

Asked by HelloKittyCrazy at 2:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• teethink ring...for sure
    tylenol is the safest you can do at this point....

oh yeah.. baby oral gel...it numbs the gums but be careful to follow dosing because ive used the regular kind for adults and too much will numb ur whole mouth...lol
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• that sux and i am sorry! my daughter got her first tooth when she was almost 4months and had ALL her back teeth by the time she was 1. thankfully she did really good and didn't whine too much. she would never take a teething ring so i would get a face towel and dampen half of it and stick it in the freezer for a while. it worked really well along with tylenol and baby oral gel! hope it helps
    rachelolivares

Answer by rachelolivares at 4:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• the ends of large raw squashes (butternut, spaghetti) chilled worked wonders for my LO. Also chilled corn cobs (corn cut off) also helped. I had to get creative because my LO wouldnt take teething rings and we tend not to use most western meds like tylenol.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:10 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I bought my sons Amber teething necklaces- I can not say how much they have helped. I got my ds1 who is 5 now one recently because he was getting molars in and its helped a ton my youngest has had his since he was 4 months old, we used to take it on and off and man you can tell a difference within 2 hours.
    I got their necklaces from a store on hyena cart called Inspired by Finn
    MagickalMommy

Answer by MagickalMommy at 11:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Your doctor said to give him baby asprin?!?!?! Never, ever, ever give asprin to someone under 18 years. It doesn't matter if the box is marked "baby asprin" or just asprin. In fact, every brand that used to say "baby asprin" has been relabeld as "low dose asprin" just so parents wouldn't think it was ok to give it to their babies. Never, ever, ever. It's a rare side-effect but asprin can kill children.
    http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/medicine_cabinet/aspirin_salicylates.html

As for the teething:
    Teething tablets help ease his upset.
    Try a vibrating teething toy. First Years makes a couple - one shaped like a star, one like a corn cob.
    Baby Orajel may help for long enough to get him to sleep at night but be sure to read the package and not give it too often.
    Look over the chew toys at the baby store and pick some that are longer / skinnier so he can reach his back teeth.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Hylands teething tabs and frozen damp washcloths

Answer by rkoloms at 3:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2009