When you consider yourself a witch, what exactly do you mean?

I know this sounds silly, but do you do spells and stuff? I don't mean to offend; I really just don't know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm a Wiccan Witch. I consider myself a Witch because I have chosen to practice witchcraft, which does at times include spell work. I don't believe in white and black magick, as some people do (that's their opinion and there's nothing wrong with that), but I do believe in magick that is used for good and magick that is used for not so nice purposes. I would never intentionally do something that may be harmful to anyone or anything. I practice witchcraft because it's something that comes very naturally to me (and always has), and it makes me feel like I'm taking an active role in my life for the better. So basically, I agree with what witchqueen said. If you have any other questions, you can pm me anytime and I'd be glad to answer them or point you in the right direction for an answer. Blessed be.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• That is what being a witch is. They perform Magik (most witch perfer the spelliong with a k since most people think of parlor tricks when they see the c spelling). And some even perform curses. Not all of them perform this type of Magik, but there are some out there who do. And most witches also know the powers of herbs and different metals and how they can help with different aliments and problems.
    -Ashley
    P.S. I am not a practicing witch, but I have looked into this religion myself.
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It means, to me, that I am a practitioner of witchcraft. That I have a connection to magick and spiritual matters. I have chosen white magic, which means working for a positive effect in my own life and in the lives of others. It has meant taking control of my own power and my own life and actively pursuing a good existence. It is not a lifestyle or a religion, but a practice and a way of being. Even though it's a practice (like becoming a nurse or a therapist) it is also part of what I AM as a person and even if I didn't practice spells and rituals, I would still be that person.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009