What the hell is this girls problem?

so my "best" friend who got home 2 weeks ago from college has blown me off the past 3 times that she's said she's going to come see me. So I got mad finally today for the 1st time. And I said it was low for her to blow me off today after telling me she'll be over and not to sleep in. I woke up early, got ready and waited for her to call like she said she would. she didn't.
And it leads to her saying I'm immature and all this crap that doesn't make sense. Saying I'm going to be a horrible mother. None of it even adds up. So then I just stop talking because I'm sick of her just repeating herself. She thinks I'm in the wrong to get mad? She says she apologized but she said "I'm sorry you feel i blew you off.." and then some bitchy shit. I never said anything rude until she said I was going to be a horrible mother. So i didn't talk to her for like an hour because i was sick of her blowing up on me. (continued below)

CamiiiCompasion

Asked by CamiiiCompasion at 3:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Sounds like people need too grow up. Honestly, talking too you as an adult. You truley find out who your friends are. The way she is acting is lame and imature . Don't keep dwelling on it cause its obviously isnt getting you no where. Sure thats kinda shitty the way shes treated you but shes proved her point and should of proved a point too you . Doesn't matter how long you know somone sometimes theyre true colors stand out . Just totally loose contact delete her numbers and everything . And go on your a mom now . Focus on the things that are real not fake. People swing around the word friend a lot without no meaning behind it . And thats what you got . Wish you the best .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• So she randomly IMs me "GROW UP AND GET OVER IT! instead of bitching about it and making up shit! get a life!" then blocks me?
    I haven't even SAID anything to anyone.

What is making her act like this.
    I mean when ever she gets mad she never takes the blame, she always turns it around on everyone else. But seriously, this is so stupid!
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 3:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• btw-
    yesterday was my birthday and she said she was coming to see me today because her mom was "too sick to drive her anywhere". but she decided to go get drunk and not call me today.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 3:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Am I over reacting to this?
    Or do i have the right to be mad? because i dont see what i did wrong. she's saying i need to "realize my actions" and grow up before i talk to her?

yet she cant go a a few days without drinking, etc. and I'm making something of my life?
    okay. yeah. i need to grow up
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 3:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• This all just sounds like childs play and i think you BOTH need to grow up and fine other more important shit to bitch about then being mad cause someone blow you off three times. Life is to short for you to waste your time on others. Grow up and find new friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think you need to let the friendship die. There is a saying that goes something like "some people are friends for a reason, some for a season, and some for a lifetime". It sounds like your friendship with this girl was for a "season", and, for some reason, she has decided that the "season" is over. But, rather than tell you, she blows you off, etc, then when you say something, she can blow up at you and blame you for it. Sort of like when someone wants to break up with their boyfriend, but instead of just doing it, they keep on and on, picking at him until he gets mad, then she can dump him in a big snit, like it was all his fault.

Your friend is doing the same thing - apparently while she was away, she has changed and grown apart from you friendship wise, and rather than just say so, she is pushing you to say something so she can get mad and say it's your fault.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:03 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• cont

I would just drop it - and her - and focus on you, your kid, and the people in your life who truly care about you and respect you.

She isn't worth your time.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Oh might i add we've been friends since preschool....
    I'm 18 and she'll be 18 on Tuesday.

I mean i know we're both being stupid arguing. I keep trying to have it drop, by not talking to her but if i stop talking she'll text me or message me on the internet trying to get me fired up, saying I'm immature. And I know the whole thing is immature that's why i'm trying to ignore her and move on, I'm over it I just don't see WHY she keeps poking at me.

CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 4:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• She wants to push your buttons because she knows she's in the wrong. Ignoring her for an hour or longer will just make it worse. Try and compromise with her. Tell her your sorry for saying anything that might have hurt her feelings and tell her why you got upset with her and ask her to just talk to you about whats going on. (i know its probably not your fault that the fight started but if you show her that you can admit defeat then maybe she'll come around too. i know it's frustating to be the first one to say sorry but it helps.) If she doesn't want to share her feelings with you at this moment or anytime soon just drop the subject and tell her that you just want to be cool with her again and not fight anymore. If this doesn't help then I don't know what else to say. and i hope i helped.
    ilovemycupcake

Answer by ilovemycupcake at 4:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Sounds like a bunch of immature teenage drama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on Jun. 4, 2009