can i get pregnant without getting a period?

i have two boys and i have not had a period for almost two years since my second baby was born. i would like to get pregnant again but i don't know if it's possible or if i'm even ovulating.

kr2009

Asked by kr2009 at 4:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• YES you can!

I was nursing my ds, and we were using birth control (condoms, and yes, we used them every time), and I had NOT re-started my period when I got pg with our dd. Our son was 6 mos old at the time, btw.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:33 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yep I am currently pregnant with a baby that I had no period for. My last one was June of 07 thats when I got pregnant with my son, he was born March of 08 and is currently breastfeeding. So no period. Its very possible. =)
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I assume you are not breastfeeding, breatfeeding can stop your period but if you are not and have not had a period in two years I would call your Dr. Something else could be going on, early menapause, hormonal changes, etc...I would have that checked out, the other posters have a reason for no period.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:05 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes you can still get pregnant even if you don't get your period because you still ovulate. I had not been breastfeeding my son and when he was 6 months old I got pregnant with my DD and yes he was using a condom and I was on the pill to get my period started again.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes, but it is difficult to plan or predict. If you are wanting to try to get pregant, speak to your doctor about starting Provera to bring on menstration, then using a clomid cycle to bring on and predict ovulation.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 8:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yep, yep, yep, yep. And maybe your kids will be as close in age as mine : 19, 18, almost 17 and 15.
    And Yep.....ya can get pregnant whilest nursing, on ' the pill', and actually praying NOT to at 'that ' time.
    I wouldn't trade my kids for anything, but when they were all babies.......I passed 'go' and when straight to crazy ! ( Oh ! and on post partum depression meds taboot ). Gotta love our sweet kids, tho ! How many kids do ya have??
    CoMoMomof4teens

Answer by CoMoMomof4teens at 8:59 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes it's possible. I rarely ever have a period, maybe once every 3-6 months, sometimes longer but I still ovulate every 28 days.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:02 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• u can still get prengent it never hurts to go see ur dr and talk/tell then what's going onand if there is a problem u can know and do what u have to do to fix it
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 9:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• absolutly you can. I had maybe three periods my entire adult life but I"ve been pregnant twice. after I had my DD I went on birth control and started having them...I prefered it when I didn't get them hehehe
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes my last period was 9-1-08 but I didn't get pregnant with my DS until January
    IamATeenMom307

Answer by IamATeenMom307 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 4, 2009