So I have been diagnosed with pink eye but a day later I discovered what feels like a bug bite UNDER the eyelid next to the crease and closest to the nose.

Is that still pink eye or have I been misdiagnosed? I went to the doctor about my swollen and irritated upper eyelid but now that the swelling went down I discovered a bump similar to a bug bite. But I doubt a bug went under my eyelid and bit me without me noticing.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 4:32 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Health

• probably have a plugged duct, or infected pore. If it is sore & irratated, I'd go back to eye doctor. (sometimes medical insurance will pay for visit to the eye doctor if they code the visit as "medical") If it's not bothering you, give it a few more days, take some Advil, and see if it gets better on it's own. Else go back to doctor!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Is is hard? I had the same. My eye lid was swollen and I got a lot of meds to put n the eye and nothing helped. After 2 weeks I went back to the doc cuz there was no real improvement, my eye was still swollen, the meds were empty and I could barely see. So he looked at it again and then he said he had to open this, that there was puss under it. So he put some eye drops in the eye and so after 10 minutes he turned the eye lid around and pocked it open with a needle and was screaming for q-tips, cuz the puss came running out of it like water out of a fosset. So after wards my eye lid was bleeding for an hour and stopped. And the puffiness went down ao the next day it was gone!

I would go back to the doc and let this check out. Maybe it's the same in your case!
    Good Luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Could be pink eye, could be a sty, could be both together.
    yakamoz

Answer by yakamoz at 7:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• pink eye AKA conjunctivitis. is any inflammation of the connunctiva of the eye
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jun. 4, 2009