Monsters under the bed?

lately my 3.5 yr old daughter has been having problems sleeping cuz there are "monsters" under her bed. i try assuring her that there arent but it is of no use. i ask her where they are and check with her, i gave her a special animal to protect her, i bought her a mosquito net for her bed and told her it was a monster net and it would keep the monsters away...im running out of ideas! she has even been waking in the middle of night several times! please please please give me some ideas!

rachelolivares

Asked by rachelolivares at 5:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Wow! You're working really hard to help her- great ideas! I found this article, maybe it will give you something new to try: http://www.wikihow.com/Eliminate-Monsters-Under-the-Bed

Good luck!
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 5:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Monster Spray!!!! They sell it on the internet... just google it. We ran out and I didn't want to wait for it, so I took Lilly to the store and let her pick out the scent of "monster spray" that she wanted... Glade spray is great ! LOL
    She has a mailbox on her door that we keep it in and then we spray her room before bed and she tells them " go away monsters". It works fairly well....now if I could keep her from sneaking into our bed at night just cuz' we'd be great!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We use a flashlight. One of the ones that you shake for power. We go through the routine of checking for monsters and then before lights out I shake up the flashlight. It works for us.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My son brieftly went through this. I told him we don't have monsters at our house. I said, You know that man that comes here and sprays all the windows and doors (the bug guy), well that spray keeps monsters and bugs from coming into our house. He fell for it and doesn't talk about monsters any more. I make sure he's always home when the bug guy comes too, so he can see him spraying.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My kids had the same problem expect they were boogies or geese. Im not sure where the geese came from. I had their dad come in every night and have the kids point out where the boogies/geese were hiding. he would then kick and punch the air until the kids were rolling and the boogies/geese were gone. the kids even dubbed him the "Big Bad Boogie Hunter". lol It worked and after a few weeks the boogies/geese never came back.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my dd goes through this at least 3x a wek if not more. we turn on th elights and check anywhere she sees on...if she tell me they are going to bit me then i bit them first. i have to leave a nite lite on, a tv with a movie in the dvd player, and a pole light to make her comfortable to lay in her bed. in the middle of the nite 2-3 times a nite she wakes up screaming at the top her lungs eventually after talking to her and finding out what monster it is i stomp and hit the air intill she relaxes and goes to sleep. 9 timesout of 10 she winds up on some pads that lay on the floor in my room befor the morning comes
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2009