baby and formula

ok so ive been giving my baby only 4 oz or so of milk and he loves it but then he wants more and it seems like 4 oz isn't filling him up and he wants more so i give him another bottle (a total of 8 oz ). i talked to his doc about this she says i should just give him like only 3 oz and thats all because babys dont really be hungry he just thinks he is humgry and he really might not be. i told her he is used to eatin 4 oz and more and to him 3 oz would just be a tease plus he is a growing baby he need all the nutrient he can get. so should i just give him 3 oz and maybe he will get used to that or should i continue to give him 8 oz? he is 2 months..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give him as much as he asks for. If he is hungry then feed him and he will self regulate Im sure. Babies tell you when they are hungry or tired or unhappy so just listen to him and it will all be ok
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 6:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Personally I would have gone to 6 oz before jumping to 8, but good grief, are you serious about your doctor?? Maybe the average baby only needs 3 oz, but that doesn't mean it is right for every baby. My son was drinking that I think (he was breastfed, but I also would pump and give him a bottle sometimes). He grew like a weed and was always off the charts. At 3 he eats like a teenager and is skinny. My son would have starved to death if I followed your doctor's. instructions. Let the little guy eat until he is full, just don't try to get him to finish the bottle!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• thats nuts m my daughter is 6 weeks and her dr thinks it is great that she drinks 4 oz about every 2-3 hours sometimes more them 4 oz
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• read the question about BABY RICE and read what advice other moms left. see if that helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2009