why can't I get my kid to sleep?????

my little girl will be three in August and she has never wanted to sleep I have always had trouble telling her no and hiving her rules but this is sleeping is going to far it is almost 6:30 am and she is climbing on over the computer I don't know what to do I have tried everything that I know how and it only works for a little while and then it's back does anyone have a simular problem? contact me please if anyone can help thanks

Rachel86953

Asked by Rachel86953 at 6:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oh...I feel for ya! My now almost 5 yo was the same way. Her daddy worked 2nd shift, home around 1am & I worked 4am-1pm. She would, more often than not still have me up when he got home. A coworker gave me a chart that has a bedtime routine on it. Just a few simple things she does every night *pick up toys *bath time *brush teeth *tv off *hugs & kisses. For everything she does ea night she gets a sticker(400 for $1 @ dollar tree). @ the end of the week, she gets a play buck if she has ALL the stickers. At the end of the month she gets a choice: *trade play bucks for a trip to baskin robbins *trade them in for a small toy ($5 & under) OR *trade them in play buck for $1 so she can save for something more expensive. It took about 2 wks but it was SO worth the patience! She is now asleep no later than 10:30 (still late, but it keeps gettin earlier). Hope this helps! GL!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 7:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2009