65% of Americans OPPOSE Closing Gitmo, do you?

A USA Today/Gallup poll released Tuesday states that “most oppose closing Gitmo,” reporting that “by more than 2-1, those surveyed say Guantanamo shouldn't be closed. By more than 3-1, they oppose moving some of the accused terrorists housed there to prisons in their own states.” But nowhere in the USA Today story do they post the actual percentage points or the even more convincing internal results.
Real Clear Politics and Byron York of the Washington Examiner (who had an inside look at the internals of the poll) reported that a very large majority -- 65% -- oppose closing the suspected terrorist detention center, Guantanamo Bay and only 32% believe it should be closed.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-06-01-gitmo_N.htm

Do you think if Obama closes Gitmo and brings terrorists to the US, he could lose votes in 2012?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think Obama has a shot in hell in winning any election in 2012. He's screwed up enough already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• YES! I oppose the closing of GITMO!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I oppose the closing of Gitmo unless they come up with a GOOD plan to do with the terrorists.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:13 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have PLENTY of ideas of what we can do with the terrorists....but this administration seems to be against all of them! LOL :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• LOL, Lori.

I am completely against closing GITMO.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:01 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i also oppose the closing of Gitmo and think Lori has the right idea!
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i completely oppose closing it, what are we gonna do with them if they do?
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm for giving those detainees fair trials and punishments if found guilty- if found innocent, they should be set free. We are American's not savages.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes I adamantly oppose the closing of Gitmo.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2009