• In the Spotlight:

Audacity of Nope. Another Liberal Double Standard?

In the wake of the shooting of late-term abortionist George Tiller, President Barack HAS Obama sent out a welcome message that this nation would not tolerate attacks on pro-lifers or any other Americans because of their religion or beliefs?
Afterall, that was the lead sentence of a New York Times editorial warning about theoretical hate crimes against Muslims published eight months after 9/11.

Can pro-lifers get a hate crimes bill passed and oceans of ink devoted to assuring Americans that "most pro-lifers are peaceful"?

According to recent polling, a majority of Americans oppose abortion -- which is consistent with liberals' hysterical refusal to allow us to vote on the subject. In a country with approximately 150 million pro-lifers, five abortionists have been killed since Roe v. Wade.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Meanwhile, fewer than 2 million Muslims live in America and, while Muslims are less murderous than abortionists, I'm fairly certain they've killed more than five people in the United States in the last 36 years. For some reason, the number "3,000" keeps popping into my head.

So in a country that is more than 50 percent pro-life -- and 80 percent opposed to the late-term abortions of the sort performed by Tiller -- only five abortionists have been killed. And in a country that is less than 0.5 percent Muslim, several dozen Muslims have killed thousands of Americans.

But the killing of about one abortionist per decade leads liberals to condemn the entire pro-life movement as "domestic terrorists." At least liberals have finally found some terrorists they'd like to send to Guantanamo, right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Well said, ANON!!!

Don't you find it interesting in the world of political correctness, that those who have actually participated in the killing of innocent people were first called terrorists, then called insurgents; and are now referred to as man made disasterists, by definition seem to be given a "protected" status; but ALL PEOPLE (including people like me who simply have beliefs/opinions against abortion and do NOT protest) that are pro-life are AUTOMATICALLY branded as domestic terrorists?!

Does anyone else see the AUDACITY of this terminology?! Why can't we just call people out for what they are?! Do people REALLY think that a TERRORIST is going to have their feelings hurt if we don't call them martyrs?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:07 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yup..... Double Standard.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• What I also find interesting is that it is likely that the one half of one percent of the population that is Muslim are also pro-life. Sure, the extremists don't have a problem killing those that are already here, but what would happen to a woman that has an abortion under Sharia Law?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Political correctness is one big double standard IMO. If it quacks, it's a duck.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:08 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Audacity of NOPE? I wish these questions made more sense. What exactly are you trying to say? Are Pro-lifers suffering discrimnation? In a way, we all do. Pro-Life and Pro-choice. It depends on who is doing the judging. And conservative vs Liberal? there again either group can suffer discrimination. I wish everyone would stop judging.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Op your statement_"liberal's hysterical refusal to allow us to vote on the subject"- What subject? ******************************************************************************************************

It is not about only killing one doctor,it is about  stupid DAILY phone calls to the clinics,throwing things to the clinic personal or patients .

So ,OP what did you personally do to stop abortions?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• anon :49, you need a lesson in reading comprehension. LoriKeet clearly stated in one of her posts the following:

but ALL PEOPLE (including people like me who simply have beliefs/opinions against abortion and do NOT protest) that are pro-life are AUTOMATICALLY branded as domestic terrorists?!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_viol.htm

And that hasn't even been added to since 2004. I'll try to find one for the past 5 years as well.

To say that all pro-lifers are domestic terrorists is rediculous. Are some? Yes. Most are not terrorists. Some sure as hell are. Watch Lake of Fire. Shows both sides of the abortion issue.

And it's not just the actual DEATHS. It's the attempted murders where no one gets injured, and those where someone is injured but thankfully not killed. It's the scrawling of threats on walls, the throwing of objects at women going in and out of clinics, the harassing phone calls. It's the hit lists that circulate, just like the one Tiller was on. That is all TERRORISM. Just because most pro-life people don't do it doesn't negate the fact that it IS there, and it IS terrorism.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Do you have any idea how many people who go to clinics are NOT using abortion services? Most of them aren't. I've volunteered at several clinics. I've been threatened, I've had eggs thrown at me, and rocks thrown at my head. And I passed out information about ADOPTION, and walked women to exam rooms. Most of the women I saw were there for pap smears, regular exams, to get BC. And they were targeted just as much. Because non of those 'peaceful protesters' had any idea who was going there for abortion service. So they took their hate out on everyone there.

Having to evacuate a a small because someone called in a bomb threat isn't amusing. Doctors, nurses, innocent women and young girls. It's terrorism, people. And the fact that it isn't the majority doesn't matter (no, I don't hate pro-lifers in general). It needs to be stopped.

Just like any other political/religious extremism. Christian, Muslim, Right, Left, Pro-life, w/e.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2009