So, he is suppose to save or create jobs, right?

2 million jobs lost since President Obama took office.

How is your town? Have you been saved?

Does anyone else feel that this nation would have been $787 billion richer and in the same position, heading down the same path, had we done nothing at all?

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2009/20090512100953.aspx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This now famous campaign talking point is something that CANNOT be disproven! Basically, if you HAVE a job, then one could argue that Obama "saved it!" Because how can you prove he didn't--at least that is what his supporters will say!

The whole "green jobs" thing, is costing millions of jobs in the process. In many cases, a "non green" business closes down, hundreds/thousands of jobs are lost, and a green business opens operating with a FRACTION of the employees.

So, in the end, 3 million jobs COULD be created, but at the expense of say 20+ million! But the MSM doesn't want to mention the "expense" part....or anything else that doesn't look good for "The Notorious BHO" (3rd pic on left)

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:19 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Over 50 new jobs created here with the help of stimulus funding. More to come. It was just on our local news.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 7:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• NE Ohio is still sinking like a rock. Our biggest local employer was GM.
    Lori- dig that bling in the photo :-) Something to wear on the next date night, maybe??
    Lord I wish the coffee pot would hurry up....
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:34 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

•  Most reports here are in the read...Well, as of May of this year~

Another GM related vendor is shutting it's doors (-)120 jobs.

And Delphi is shutting down another division from our city (-) 250 jobs

PLUS another company NCR is leaving our city, (-)1200 jobs

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• **red**

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• dragonfly
    What concerns me about the "stimulus jobs" is that they are PROTECTED government jobs! What happens when the stimulus money accepted for those jobs runs out, and the state has to pick up the tab--because they cannot be eliminated?! Does the state then eliminate other jobs or *gasp* state funded programs in order to keep the stimulus jobs going?!

THIS is why a good number of Governors were going through the stimulus plans for their respective states line by line. It wasn't to be "stingy" or to make a "political statement against Obama", they wanted to know HOW these jobs would affect their states a few years down the line, and if it would bankrupt them--and for that I have the UTMOST respect for them!

I know MANY will say "we'll worry about that later, we need to fix things NOW!" But our country CANNOT afford anymore of the "wait and see" approach. ALL decisions made NOW need to take into consideration FUTURE IMPACT
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• LOL, Notorious BHO. Lori, you are crackin' me up today.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• LOL! I do what I can...since with this administration I don't know whether to laugh or cry! :oI So given the choices, I'd rather try to laugh my way through it! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:17 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It's all a part of the Razzle Dazzle of Notorious BHO (thanks Lori, I LOVE IT!!).

Does anyone feel like watching the Obama Administration is like playing a shell game with a street hustler?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:28 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Okay, I have a Q. He said he would save or create jobs. So the jobs that people havent lost, like my husband who works for a large industrial company in NG that makes the most of the worlds carpet and he been there 2 1/2 yrs. Does O man get credit for saving that job just because he hasnt lost it? Just curious about the "saving" part. Doesnt make sense to me. How do you know if someone has saved your job? Do we need to wait and see if his company takes stimulus money? FYI, I dont think Warren Buffett needs the governments money.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2009