ADVICE PLZ

AFTER I FEED MY SON HE SPITS UP AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT JUST A LITTLE IM TALKING ABOUT THE A LOT. HE BURPS THEN HE SPITS UP THE WHOLE BOTTLE TO WERE I HAVE TO CHANGE HIS WHOLE OUTFIT AND I CHANG HIM LIKE THREE TIMES IN LIKE 20 MINTUES BECAUSE HE STILL BE SPITING UP .WHEN I LAY HIM DOWN HE SPITS UP. IVE TALKED TO HIS DOCTOR SHE HAS TOLD ME TO NOT FEED HIM AS MUCH AT ONE TIME JUST FEED HIM LIKE 3 OZ THEN BURP THEN IF HE SEEMS HUNGRY STILL GIVE HIM 3 MORE OZ.. WHEN HE SPITS UP ITS LIKE THE BOTTLE WAS FOR NOTHING BECAUSE HE DIDNT KEEP IT DOWN AND I KNOW H IS GETTING SOMETHING FROM IT BECAUSE HE POOPS AND PEES AND HE IS GROWING. I JUST DONT GET IT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This happened with my first and he ended up being lactose intolerant. Try soy formula and see if it helps.
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 7:05 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My first had the same problem and that's what the dr told. it kept happening anyway. I got a second opinion and it turned out she had acid reflux AND
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 7:17 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• hit the button too soon
    she was lactose intolerant. it took about 3 different formulas to find the right one. I would definately get a second opinion at another office.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 7:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I had to give my son 2 oz and then burp him before giving him more. I had SO much laundry with him because of all his spit up-MY clothes!!! I started just wearing the clothes since it would happen again in a few hours. Lol. Anyway, if he is growing I wouldn't worry about it too much. Keep him burped often and maybe feed him less each time until he starts keeping it down. (I don't know a lot about allergies, but if he was allergic I would think he would do a lot more then spitting up. My son (the 2nd one) reaqcted to eggplant in my breastmilk and would scream in pain for hours).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ACID REFLUX, sounds like. nxt time you feed him keep angeled up a little. and no matter what, dont lie hom flat. I put her on a boppy pillow to change her diaper even. and she sleeps at that angel at night and naps. make sure you burp enough and dont pat to hard, rub preferrabley, because its actually pushing milk back up by patting. zantac by prescription is what i use for both of mine. my other daughter was like the exercist when she spit up the large amounts. it flew! good luck
    daisy6878

Answer by daisy6878 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Acid reflux or lactose intolerant. If it is reflux, your doctor might recommend adding just a bit of cereal to the bottle to help keep the milk down. If it is lactose intolerance, he might recommend switching to a soy formula. If your doctor won't try to help you out, switch doctors. He should want to help out more than just saying "oh, feed him less".
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2009