Traveling with 2 month old to San Fran- stroller and trollys?

Hi, we are planning to take our then 2 month old to San Fran at the end of June. I plan to wear him in a moby wrap while on the plane so I can nurse him and keep him close so he'll *hopefully* sleep. :) But wasn't sure if we should bring the stroller or not when dealing with buses and trollys while visiting the city. I will be by myself most of the time with the baby. My DH is going for work so he'll only be around at night. I am sure the stroller would be nice for the parks and all the hills...but just getting it to those places is what I'm not sure about. Thanks!

jschuett

Asked by jschuett at 7:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Travel

• I wouldn't bother with a stroller. I have taken a baby and stroller on public transit (we live in Chicago), and it was much easier to use a carrier.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I live around SF...

Bring the baby-snuggie with for getting off/on the public transit (the trolleys are high up off the ground) but bring an umbrella stroller for when you are walking. You CAN bring them on the buses and trolley's, but I don't believe they can sit in the stroller during the ride.

PS you can use the public tranist passes on the trolleys AND certain buses!! Get an all-day pass (it lets you on and off all day for one price!)

Also, there is a transit system called BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) that travels from the SF airport all the way to the East Bay area. Including several stops in SF itself. Tickets are priced based on length of destitnation you wish to travel. The whole length of the rail roundtrip is only like $15...so from point to point inside SF I think its only a few dollars.

SF is a great vacay spot!! Have fun!! I definitly recommend Fisherman's Wharf and the SF Zoo for family fun!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Thanks ladies!
    jschuett

Answer by jschuett at 8:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2009