For those of you that believe you absolutely cannot be 'born gay', do you think you can be 'born Christian'?

Someone said you don't even know what 'gay' means until at least middle school.

So why is it so plausible to think that someone who had never heard of God would suddenly believe out of nowhere and start singing hymns?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe anyone is born Christian.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I agree, I don't think it's possible to be born Christian. My mom talks about how my daughter is dreaming about heaven or some shizz, and I just want to smack her. Kids know nothing of religion until their parents teach them about it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:59 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• No one is born a Christian. It is a choice one makes when they are old enough to understand what it means. Just like being gay, it is a choice that one makes. Even if someone is born with the tendency to be gay, they make the choice to act on it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I feel that we are all born with an immortal soul inside us that has been here and back home several times. Our soul knows of Home, but our concious mind blocks it out most of the time. We aren't "born" a christian, or any other religion for that matter, though. We are born with knowledge of what is to come whether we "know" it or not. The religion we practice in this life, however, is a choice.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:12 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You cant be born christian. No, that is not possible. You can be born in a christian home where things of the Lord are being taught and its all you ever know, but it doesnt automatically assure youre right with God. Its not a family inheritance, just like being gay isnt either. There can be generational tendencies with both, but bottom line is that your choices to act on these things are yours alone. What you feel in your heart, you may feel you cant change, but those are just feelings. Youre behavior to reject or accept anything is your own responsibility. Theres not short cuts to that.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i do not believe you are born Gay. nor do i believe people are born christian.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• No, I don't think anyone is born Christian. That's a choice we make. Speaking for myself, and I am a Christian, I DO believe it's possible to be born gay. I've known too many people that just had that vibe from very young ages.
    The only thing the Bible says that WE are All born as is Sinners. So, I guess it's all in how you intrerpret it. But, again, yes, being born gay has more to do with the body's genetic make-up than anything else. Maybe gay men carry an extra female chromosome or something and vise-versa. Who knows for sure, but I do wish more people would reach out and love gays/lesbians the way that Christ would have. I do not believe for a second tht Jesus Christ would have treated them any differently than he treated anyone else. Jesus loves everyone and he shared His love with Every single person he came across while here on earth.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• But I do believe you are born gay. Just because you don't know what it means, doesn't mean you don't feel the emotions and attractions that go along with the word. You just don't have a word for the things you are feeling.
    Being gay has more to do with the chemicals in your body. While a persons conviction can keep them from acting on their feelings and emotions, it doesn't mean they don't still FEEL that attraction. Anyone who has had a crush that they never acted on can tell you that. You still have the feelings, you just don't or can't act on them.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• No, no one is born Christian. Just as no one is born gay. I agree with what's already been said. Both are a lifestyle choice you make. I choose to live my life as a Christian, walking in God's light and providential care daily. Someone else may choose to live their life in the gay lifestyle, if that's what they choose,they have to deal with whatever happens as a result of it. And, Ashley,please don't take offense to what I'm going to say, I'm not trying to antagonize you in any way, or bash you,but there is no credible scientific evidence of any kind to prove the whole "chemical' thing with being gay. Science (which I know you believe very strongly in) has totally disproven any of that and proven that it is indeed a lifestyle choice,same as any other lifestyle choice.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Here's a very interesting article for you to read.
    http://www.albatrus.org/english/potpourri/homosex/former_homo_says_not_born_gay.htm
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2009