Jealous of myspace / facebook friends

Ok, Im 35. I'm not a teenager....lol! Anyway, i get so jealous that my friends won't comment on my photo's & on my page. All of my friends (i have a large group of mutual friends) will comment on each others photos & on their page all the time. Go to my page all you hear is crickets, & maybe one comment left from family 2 months ago. I'm really close with my friends, so my feelings are hurt. I just don't understand. I feel so left out. I wonder why they ignor me, it makes me over analize our friendship. I can't just up & cancel my page, this is how i keep in touch with my family in Argentina & friends from around the world. It's handy. But I have thought about it, because i get real hurt about the activity among my friends....& how i get ingnored. Even when i comment, they don't return. I think that maybe they don't really like me, but i feel SO close with them outside of facebook. It's just weird. Am i being immature?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• no you aren't being immature. but i wounldn't say anything about it either, just keep posting on thier pages... write a question or something that needs a reply so they'll respond. be funny and light hearted about it. maybe jokingly (sp?) metion it in a funny playful way - but not in a serious way - that would just put them off. :) sorry momma. i know how you feel bc mine was the same way lol. i closed mine. if i need it to keep in touch then we may as well not keep in touch. i kinda think all this electronic stuff is overrated, and a horrible substitute for real conversation (unless its to talk to long distance people) ... but i get while people use it.....
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 8:43 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Would you rather have a behind the screen relationship with them or a real relationship with them? Value your friends you have. The computer is not worth ruining your relationship with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• im 23 and i dont care if i get no pic cpmments i usually et a couple a week but i done really care its myspace
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I feel the same way. I never go to my "myspace", why bother. So I went to facebook and was so excited to find 60 people in the first month. Boy did I set myself up for a big letdown! My so called best friends, chat with eachother and play games together and even talk to my kids. Yet I am a ghost. I sent out invites to my daughters grad party to my facebook friends. Not one mention if they have received the invite, if they are going, nothing! One friend I hadn't talked to in 22 yrs and we both have 17 yr olds. Thats all I know about her. She won't even tell me her daughters name. All she ever is about is telling me about once a month to have a nice day.
    I am on the verge of dropping the whole social network thing!!!!
    Except for cafemom....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• you can't be serious ...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• boofrigginhoo, grow up lady
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• WELL I HAD A NICE PAGE IN MY SPACE,BUT MAN WAS LEAVING COMMENTS,AND MY MAN HAD A TANTRUM SO I JUST CANCELED MY ACCOUNT,AND ID OPENED ONE HERE,IS BEING MORE THAT I YEAR NOW AND I LOVE IT MORE,I REALLY FOUND GOOD FRIENDS HERE,DONT WORRY ABOUT IT I CAN SAY,XOXXOXOXO
    mexicanbeauty

Answer by mexicanbeauty at 3:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009