how do you feel about texting/myspace/facebook/twitter, etc.?

i think its a poor excuse for real friendships and real conversations. its more about how many "friends" or "followers" you have, than it is about real friendships. and texting and all of the electronic stuff is really getting to be too much. i know my mom hasn't spoken to my sister in months - bc texting is easier for my sister, and it makes my mom so sad. i think it's pathetic. i think that these things can be useful for business networking - but as for relationships w/friends - it's just redicuous. why can't people pick up the damn phone..... its all getting carried away. no offense lol. but people are obsessed wth it - like an addiction kinda..... (like how they call blackberry - crackberry)lol.

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Texting is what I dislike the most. We got a text message with only 9 days notice to a b-day party. Such class.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i had a baby shower ad no one out of almost 50 ppl replied to the rsvp. i had to text them all AFTER i'd already sent out nice invitations to get replies. kinda make me sick really.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I like Facebook though. It's free and it has games and quizzes. It's fun and I like it.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I understand. No one seems to care anymore. It's only the right and proper thing to do. You give enough notice so people can make plans to come or not or so their schedule is not interrupted and to also make sure they can financially give a gift. 9 days is not even notice.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• well myspace is how i talk to my sister she is 16 and our mom hates me so shes not aloud to really talk to me so she hides it with myspace its the only way i haveany communication with my sister .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think it's ridiculous when all you DO is text and myspace and facebook, BUT with proper use, there's nothing wrong with it. My sister is totally addicted to text and it's really aggravating. Whenever she comes over, her phone is constantly getting text messages, and I mean back-to-back-to-back with no break.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:06 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• GRR, my sister too with the texting. It's so rude especially in mid conversation.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my sister comes to vistit me and immediately asks to use my laptop.... and stays on it the whole time - while texting. we don't even get to "visit". she may as well not come down here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have some of those things... twitter, I've had a myspace forever... I really don't enjoy facebook but I see exactly what you're saying. And for the longest time I didn't have a phone with text capability but got one so I could more easily communicate with my DH while he was at work. (he's in meetings a lot and can't talk on the phone always) I think having these things is okay if you don't use them as a substitute for real relationships, like you said. The myspace is an easy way for me to post pictures of my kids for family who are far away and to keep in touch. The twitter was actually so I could get CDC updates. lol. But real, person to person relationships are important and I don't like how people abuse these things either.
    iluvmommyhood58

Answer by iluvmommyhood58 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• umm, i see nothing wrong with it.
    i have a myspace, facebook, twitter, n i txt all the time. i dont use twitter n facebook very much, mainly on twitter i juss see wht all is being said about obama n all the political garbage. i do however use myspace n txtin like an addict, but i dont see anything wrong with it. its muh main communication with muh friends who are either at school (during breaks) or work (again, during breaks). and i too use myspace to communicate with muh sister. were not allowed to talk cuz muh dad sucks balls so we myspace each other. theres nothin wrong with it.
    n i met muh best friend on this site (which to me, is even more addicting than facebook n myspace and txting) so i dont see anything wrong with it at ALL. n its not that we dont use the phone, but as busy as ppl are now-a-days, its faster to juss type. plus no one can hear what ur saying. thats muh main attraction. so juss stfu
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2009