I went to the ATM to take out money it gave me a receipt saying I withdrew money yet it didn't dispense the cash I requested

How do I prove to them I did not receive any cash when the account says I did. They don't open for another hour and it's driving me nuts!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• You are going to have to call them when they do open. They may have it on video or they will have to balance the ATM to see if there is an overage.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Balance the ATM? sounds like something that's going to take all day, I need cash now and if they don't resolve this and give me my cash I'm going to be somewhere between crying and throwing a fit because I just have very little in that account and still have alot of expenses coming up.
    It's killing me to wait until they open!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I understand your frustration but you also have to understand that they just can't hand over cash because you say you didn't receive it. Depending on where the ATM is and if they service it or have someone else service it like Brink's, depends on how long it could take to balance it. But either way it way it should be done the same day. It's just the timing of it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• They will have to go and balance there ATM. I use to work at a couple of banks and one balanced early in the mornign like at 8:30, and the other didn't normally balance until 2;00. But both banks were very big on customer service, and if there was a problem they would have 2 employees go balance it right then to make sure to pleae the customer. But both were small town banks. The bigger banks may not be so helpful. Plus maybe if they are a bank that balances in the mornign maybe it was used a lot and was out of enough money. I am sure it will take them a little while to get it resolved, but they really should not wait to balance it. You are there customer and you have your money in there bank therefore providing them with job security . they should accomodate you. And another thing is the one at one of the banks i worked at was a little older and that thing was always jamming. Your money may be stuck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yeah, they will count it out and see. Usually if you explain they should take care of it right away for you. I cant imagine them making you wait. I had the ATM give me an additional $20. It had gotten jammed up in the machine and it was crunched. I pulled it out because it was keeping MY money from coming out. The bank was closed, so the next day, I took the $20 in and explained that it had given me an extra $20 (after I counted mine, of course) and they gave me a card for a free chicken sandwich. How sweet! I really wanted one of those....LOL....I am sure they will handle this with the utmost of care and attention and if they dont, then find a new bank.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Let us know how it turns out, I'm curious now lol
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have 10 more minutes to wait....but I didn't think that the money could have jammed!! Yes it is a big old clunky ATM! LOL! they know me there. I once left my card in the machine and they said they typically cut them up but didn't cut that one because they knew who I was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I hope you have better luck than I did getting my money back. That happened to me at First Merit bank and they told me it couldn't have happened because the machine would have automatically shut down and it didn't. So they didn't believe me and refused to give me my money. Needless to say, I no longer bank with First Merit.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• They balanced the ATM and it was $60 over so they told me to come get my money anytime...So when I went to get my money they said there was a $20 bill jammed keeping my money from coming out.
    Yeah some banks really suck! I had an account at one large bank and was having withdrawls from ATM'S in area's nowhere near where I live. The bank wouldn't even check into it saying it is all on computer that I'm making those withdrawls and they can't help it if i don't remember!!! I closed my account right then and there!
    Anonymous