girl scouts.

the woamn that has been giving me a hard time will be at girl scouts today.i am nervous.but in 2 weeks the girls will be going on a camping trip that i will not be attending.it will be the mean mom an another mom that says i see and hear nothing and a third gossip queen mother.i am scared for my daughter to go,i already bailed her out of one outing but i dont think this is the solution.but i also think nobody has her back.hmm i always thought girl scouts was sappossed to be fun and about togetherness im just not feeling the love..any ideas?

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• can you switch groups? i would really try. sounds like at this point things are already too uncomfortable.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• switch troops n talk to the GS counsel near u bout it. juss tell em its not friendly environment n they might even watch over a few of the meetings (but it wont be like an investigation type thing so dont worry). theyll juss tell the troop leader that they are lookin at some of the troops this month n stuff like that.
    they will def switch her into a diff troop tho :] if u feel like u do, theyll do something bout it.
    when i was in GS, i switched troops for close to the same reason. they hurried to get me to another troop so i wouldnt leave GS altogether
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ya that saddens me ..she has been in this troop for 3 yrs.it has never been a strong troop.but is has been a troop.she is going into 5th grade so i dont think they have a troop after that anyway.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Girl scouts go all the way through high school, just not a lot of girls stick with it that long. Do talk to the leader/ school coordinator and local council. No girl should feel unwelcome.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 10:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Does your daughter have problems in the group? Is she enjoying it? Maybe you could go along on the trips and see how it is or kill em with a possitive attitude. I havent read prev. posts, so I dont know what kind of hard times she is giving u so this may not work but just an idea. I am a girl scout leader. The leaders are all volunteers and I didnt know the other moms before we started so we all come with diff. parenting styles and ideas, but we get along. I have seen troops where the leaders are ridiculous and bicker and really ruin it for everyone. I think it happens in sports too. Try to think what you would want your daughter to do if she were in this situation and use it as a learning experience. Are their times you walk away? Times you go to whos in charge? Times you talk directly to the leaders? How do you know which one to do? show her how you work out conflict and it could be a great learning experience for her future
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• the main leader is the one that i said sees nothing says nothing which is my problem.i cant go to her.i already have and she said she doesnt get involved.then why are you the leader?the mom that i am having problems with wanted to be a soccer coach but the town said no way you are to aggressive.even though there wasnt enough coaches.hmm.and the third is just a busy buddy so wouldnt say anything to her anyway.i want to let her go and prey that these woman are going to be adults but i just dont trust them.it is a coop troop so ive ran the troop.many personalities.i just dont camp.i usually end up covered in poisen ivy and in the er...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Even leaders have someone to answer to. I would find out who that is. Why should your DD be jerked out of fun outings and a positive scouting experience? Some women are so imature. Good luck Mamma.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• if your not a fan of camping you can still join in for the day time activities then go home for the night. that way your daughter has an advocate during the day. but i agree with the other go find a higher up or a paid person working within your council and let them know whats going on. part of their job is to take care of those issues. when i was in we had to ask a leader to step down because of similar reasons so it can be done. if it doesnt fix the problem move troops. you daughter will enjoy the experience more if she doesnt have to be rescued from all the outings. gl
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 12:15 AM on Jun. 5, 2009