will they even let a pregnant woman in the door at a bar?

My brother just called me and said that he and my cousin are signed up to be in some contest at a bar tomorrow night, where they have a chance to win $1000.00. Anyways he is so excited because he was the first caller on the radio so he gets to be in the contest. It is something in teams and there are only like 20 teams in the race and he is really hoping he wins and he wants everyone to come and watch. I have onyl been to a bar once in my life and it was like5 years age, but my mom, aunt, and a bunch of people we knwo are going to be there and he called wanting me and husband to go. But i am 30 weeks pregnant. Will they even let me in the door being pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Why wouldn't they? As long as you are 21 there isn't a problem
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• LOL of course they will!! Depending on the bar you either have to be over18 or 21 so as long as you are your fine. Its not illegal to drink while pregnant so that can't NOT let you in :) Good luck!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes they will let you in the door. Serving you alcohol is a whole other story. They do serve other stuff there. Just go and have a good time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yeah, they'll let you in. Now, if you order a drink they might look at you funny though. But just because you're at a bar, doesn't mean you're actually gonna drink. :-P
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes they will let you in. My friend went because they were at an out of town wedding and she didnt want to go sit in the hotel alone. just cause your in the bar doesn't mean your drinking. Go and have fun!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• They will, unless you attempt to drink they shouldn't give you a problem. You could do something funny and wear a shirt that says designated driver.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You could do something funny and wear a shirt that says designated driver.
    I like that idea. I was afraid they would consider a pregnant woman a hazard or something. And that people in there woudl be looking at me funny. Although most of them will probably already be to drunk to notice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Ha-ha... I had a similar situation. I was 36 weeks & it was a family friends birthday "gathering" at a dance hall/bar thing. They let me in... laughed at me because I couldn't walk very well but they let me in. It's more akward for the pregnant person than anything else.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 9:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• They cant stop you from drinking either. Its not illegal. They might give you a look, but its your decision. They cant stop you from entering or drinking.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• they will let u in 2 of my friends have been in bars while prego
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 9:59 AM on Jun. 4, 2009