My son's good friend is leaving catholic school to go to public school. I feel so bad since he had one year to go. What type of gift can we give him? Or should I treat him to carnival day the school is having?

I feel really sad since it is due to her ex and financial hardship. Any suggestions?

bella69147

Asked by bella69147 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I do understand you feeling bad,my friend had to remove her son from private school in his last year,and it was terrible for the parents(they felted guity) and their son(he felted lonely),so you are right to feel the way you feel,and ,don't be surprised if,your son get a little upset.About the gift,is it possible you can have him over for the weekend,and then a movie or the carnival.Its very important for both boys to know that this friendship can still be fruitful even if they are in different schools.I admire you for being so thoughtful and caring .
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You shouldn't feel bad. I would encourage the boys to spend as much time together as their schedules will allow. As for a going off gift he isn't moving away just changing schools. I wouldn't do anything.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Why should you feel bad? Kids change schools all the time. Just keep getting the boys together to play, Just because his friend won't be at the same school, doesn't mean they can't play together. He doesn't need a gift, he isn't graduating he is just changing schools.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• They were in the same class from K through 7th grade.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2009