Jon & Kate Plus 8 Fans

I am sure that many, especially fans, will agree that the stress of raising 8 children combined with the stress of becoming rather famous and having a camera crew in your home at all hours of the day and night, is contributing to the demise of Jon & Kate Gosselins marriage. This is affecting their relationship, and is very hard on the kids. I have seen many people say the first episodes this season were difficult to watch.

My question is this, if you care about the family (as most of the fans claim), and you agree that the show is causing trouble in the family, why on earth do you still watch? If their ratings plummet, they will not get renewed, and maybe they'll take the time to work on their family. If people keep watching, and they keep getting renewed, they will continue until the stress of it all literally rips their family apart. How can you convince yourselves that it's ok to continue helping this happen?

AnnieMcD

Asked by AnnieMcD at 9:53 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I caught part of the premiere and it was a little painful but I think part of that feeling is due to all the outside media coverage of their problems. It felt kind of... tense. Yes, people like to watch destruction and drama. There's actually a term for that and I can't recall what it is at the moment. It's the same reason people might not look away from horrific tragedy like a plain crash or 9/11...

I also don't think people really care about their well-being. These are people the majority of us have never met. People might care in a broad, humanitarian sense... But my question there is, for example: Kate's family members (brother etc, or something) have been quoted in the news lately, giving opinions on the whole thing. So, why now? Where have they been throughout the duration of the show? It's the same thing, they want in on the train wreck too? Personally, I'm not big on reality shows. They're not real.
    iluvmommyhood58

Answer by iluvmommyhood58 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i have quit watching.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• everyone loves drama....I want to see if they really divorce or not...they (esp. Kate) do not want the show to go away...they are making way to much money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Hey, hey, hey... nobody forced them to make a television show. I understand that nobody can really imagine what it's like to be hounded by the paparazzi all the time but they made the decision to put themselves out there and they got a lot in return. They can now put all those kids through college. But seriously, they sold out. Maybe not at first but there's an obvious difference now that the perks are outweighing their family's well-being. I never watched regularly, but it's not the responsibility of the American public to decide FOR them that their family should be more important than the money. If it's ripping them apart, come on, the two of them need to own up to the decision they need to make, then.
    iluvmommyhood58

Answer by iluvmommyhood58 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Mommyhood ... I agree with you to a point. I understand that they made the choice to make this show, and that financially it has been very good for their family. What I am asking about is those people who are saying how much they love the family, and care about their well being. Those that are saying that they cried when watching it because it felt like watching friends who are going through a divorce. Or that say it felt so private they thought they shouldn't be watching.

Those people, if they really cared about the family, would stop watching. I know everyone loves a car wreck, heck I HATE the show and have been tempted to tune in this season for the drama.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 10:20 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't watch shows like that, i have better things to waste my life on then some drama show
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 10:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• oh geeze kates too over dramatic . it makes her look stupid. her husband has to learn to grow up.some. I don't really think kates having any affairs at all. But I think her husband is.So she better watch herself. or she'll loose him. So my friends the answer to this question is if the show ends it's because the husband wants out of the marriage and if it doesn't end it's because kate wants mo money money coming in. She's in for the money. she's become greedy for the money. she wants the money money money. lol... true that,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i watch it cause i like to see jon sqirming! and then i like to make comments like take off those frickin sunglasses, quit hiding! man up!! i have no respect for him anymore...ya kate might have been somewhat of a bit*h but,.i dunno, thats no excuse for jon!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009