Curious, is all.

My question really isn't one of politics however I'm curious in regards to some of you ladies who are regulars on P&CE.
I already know from many of your questions and responses that many of you love to deabate politics, greatly informed in that area and I think more should follow your example. It's good to know what's going on in the world around you so that you can have a hand in molding the future of this nation. Kudos to you!
However, I would like to know what other things do you do outside of politics that also bring joy and enrich your lives. It'd be nice to get to know another side of some of you.
Ex: I enjoy reading trashy summer novels, I love to travel, I enjoy hearing local bands that play outdoor summer concerts. I love spending time with the members of my relig. community and spending time outdoors with my hubbs and our kids. No bashing, you don't have answer if you only have curt things to say.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I love to spend time with my grown children and my little grandchildren. I like gardening, both flowers and vegetables, but especially herbs. I like to make herbal remedies. I like to make jam and apple butter, I like crocheting and baking, I hate cooking little meals for two! I do like to cook huge Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts, though. I have fun walking the dog, and playing with him and the cat. I like playing cards andvisiting with friends and having parties. I love reading (just about everything, but prefer mystery novels or Anne Rice-type vampire novels) I like camping and going to the beach, but don't care for really "roughing it" anymore. I love picnics and target shooting and researching wierd stuff on the computer.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• church events, sporting events, reading (like Beth Moore, Jodi picoult...and many more), Love stand up comedy shows, campfires, cookouts, seafood, Time with family, swimming (lap swimming and laying out), I enjoy my job (usually) :) On the side i do some Quaility control auditing..it's like being a paperwork detective! I like to hike with my dd..on a walk in the woods is where i hear about everything going on in her life..when asked the same questions at home she says "Nothing", i like fishing and playing cards, dice or other games with friends.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I love to volunteer, but I haven't had much of an opportunity in the last month or two of my pregnancy. It's been rough going. :\ I absolutely love to read darn near anything, listen to music (Industrial, Neo-folk, Filk, Synthpop, etc), and write. I adore film. ^_^; I definitely miss going to shows.. Other than that, I just love to spend time with DF, gardening or doing absolutely nothing. And I can't leave out spending time with the fur babies. :)

Oh.. And I'm absolutely addicted to a few MySpace applications, and Neopets, etc. But as I can't get the flash working on my computer, I don't get to play as much as I'd like to. Usually when insomnia kicks in. :P
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 10:13 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• If you want to get to know each other, why post as anon? ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Well, I also love spending time with my kids, we love hiking with our half black lab half golden retriever. We read (A LOT). I like to procrastinate my cleaning by being on here ;D. LOL, not really, but it usually passes the time in between the kids laying down and the kids actually sleeping.

I'd love spending time with people from my religion, too, if I could find anyone who believed remotely what I do. I've been rejected from multiple churches for believing differently, (and speaking up about it.)

I love to garden as well. This year we are looking forward to several varieties of tomatoes, corn, squash, loofah sponges (who knew?) lots of herbs and beans and lettuce. We love to support our local farmers, too.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• clicked the wrong button I and by the time I realized I couldn't go back and undo it. Sorry. At work and doing several things at the same time.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Well my boys are my number one. I love to bring them to the Splash Ground at our local pool.. my youngest is too young to really enjoy it, but my 18 month old LOVES it! He runs around all the big kids like he owns the place haha. I also love puzzles of anykind; crosswords, sudoku, jigsaws.. I like to read, but its hard to find a time to do so unless the boys are both sleeping. I sell jewelry from home and really enjoy when a man buys an engagement ring for his girlfriend.. gives me a cute little feeling inside because theyre always so nervous and always ask me how they should go about asking her to marry him. Too cute. I love to hang out with friends, even though thats rare- it's still a good time when I get to do it. I love spending time with my family. I have a pretty big family and we're all very close.. social events with them NEVER gets boring!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Reading, pen-palling, family get togethers, camping, campfires, swimming, gardening, watching the birds, my grandchildren, Nascar, some TV, cooking, baking.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I do a lot of child development research, it's my way to be the best mom I can be. I love being outside, hiking, camping, going to the beach and finding "treasures." I do all this with my kids, oh and we walk every were, I love walking.

I don't spend time with people of my religion because I don't believe in religion. However I have a lot of friends that are free thinkers such as myself. I wish I could do more reading, working on that one since I love to read. Trying really hard to make time.

mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 11:28 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Great question!

My boys!! My hubby and the volunteer work I do for his squadron. My business, the manufacture of items for those with special needs (my ds is autistic). Church activities, personal finance, reading, camping..I love my week camping on the coast every year. I love cooking and gardening. I am an active "researcher", I get stuck on a topic for awhile and research the heck out of it before moving to another. I am hooked on Facebook's Mafia Wars ( I have to "schedule" time or I over do it lol). We also enjoy travel and look forward to retirement!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2009