My DD keeps swatting at her head...

She just got over an ear infection; we had them rechecked and they are fine. But lately she has been running a fever, does not sleep good, is ill and keeps swatting at her head behind her ear, or above her ear. The doctor said her ears are fine, nothing wrong with her throat, and lungs are fine. I am wondering if it could be teething. Some moments she's as happy as ever and then other moments she's ill. Anyone know anything?

kaeleighalexis

Asked by kaeleighalexis at 10:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• does she have a rash on her scalp? Has she had a rash in the past few days?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:07 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• they said that about my grandson too and let the child suffer for months with an ear infection primary care doctors couldn't see. DD took him to a ENT for peds and he found it and fixed it. The child couldn't hear. THAT's how bad it was (his speech reflected a problem). I don't trust regular doctors anymore. I tell her to go to a specialist. The ENT said the child was miserable and regular doctors (even at ER) said he was fine, no ear infection. They were all wrong. Now he's fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Sometimes eliminating dairy can stop ear infections.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2009